• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving to Warner, NH on August 5

Started by Bald Eagle, June 04, 2007, 12:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 13, 2007, 06:49 AM NHFT
Quote from: Skooma on August 12, 2007, 04:10 PM NHFT
Good luck. I hear Warner has the regional high school very nearby so if you have kids, so much the better.
Why would you want to send an innocent child to jailschool?
I can think of plenty of reason$.

error

Public school is cruel and unusual punishment.

Rochelle

I agree, I myself served 13 years...I'm still recovering  :-\

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: d_goddard on August 13, 2007, 08:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 13, 2007, 06:49 AM NHFT
Quote from: Skooma on August 12, 2007, 04:10 PM NHFT
Good luck. I hear Warner has the regional high school very nearby so if you have kids, so much the better.
Why would you want to send an innocent child to jailschool?
I can think of plenty of reason$.

The amount of time you would need to correct the effects of gov schools, you could homeschool, or get a second job to pay for private school.

porcupine kate

This town spends almost $3,000,000 a year on schools.  The town has less than 3,000 residents.  No kids and I still have to pay for it.  I wonder how much less my rent would be if it weren't for the taxes the landlord has to pay.

d_goddard

Yep, classic issues from a distorted market.
Those with kids are already paying thousands of dollars into the system, and have been paying for many years before having kids.
People where both parents need to work to make the amount of money they deem needed may not have the extra thousands available for private school nor the sheer time investment to home school. Doesn't make such people "bad parents", and the last thing such people need are constant reminders that they "could be doing better" for their children

shyfrog

I am afraid to see the breakdown of how the money is "earmarked"

Sports: $2,998,902.43
Salaries: $1,000.00
Arts: $97.00
Academics: $0.57

I'm sure I'm way off  :icon_pirat:

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: shyfrog on August 13, 2007, 12:59 PM NHFT
I am afraid to see the breakdown of how the money is "earmarked"

Sports: $2,998,902.43
Salaries: $1,000.00
Arts: $97.00
Academics: $0.57

I'm sure I'm way off  :icon_pirat:

Well, what with the teachers unions, there's certainly a couple of extra zeroes in the salary figure...