• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porcupine Festival

Started by Kat Kanning, November 06, 2007, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: David on March 27, 2008, 01:24 PM NHFT
When I saw the term, I thought of this group. 
I like the anti-authoritarian streak to the burning man people.  Yeah, they are leftist hippies, but they are non aggressive, and that makes them okay. 

Provided they're not of the welfare-statist bent, what's wrong with "leftist hippies"?

srqrebel

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 23, 2008, 04:52 AM NHFT
...Now we just need someone to come up with a PA...

Anyone???

I believe one of my musician friends has an excellent PA system. He is Weird Ernie on the forum. I introduced him to the forum because of his expressed interest in Burning Porcupine Festival.

I had started to dismiss BPF as sort of a "nonevent", because of the general "we're just gonna let it happen rather than plan anything" attitude of the organizers. Now that there is some actual planning underway again, I'll pitch in to help as much as possible (not with the planning, but helping to implement the plans) :)

I'll also remind Weird Ernie that this is still in the works.

JJ

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 29, 2008, 02:40 PM NHFT
8)

Now will JJ, Shyfrog, others step up to entertain us with their music?  :D

Indubitably.  I am in training to become a minstrel.  Progress is slow but I expected as much.

Russell Kanning

We will be making a pilgrimage to Hobbiton to visit sites and move supplies around. Almost nyone that wants to join us is welcome. We will be visiting the Burning Porcupine site.

Free libertarian

When will said pilgrimage occur? Today? If it's later this week I might be able to help on friday.

At any rate, thanks for the effort, I think Burning Porcupine is a great idea.

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 29, 2008, 02:40 PM NHFT
8)

Now will JJ, Shyfrog, others step up to entertain us with their music?  :D

Oh, maybe I'll grab my trumpet on the way up from FL. >:) Prolly not the kind of soft soothing music you were hoping for though, particularly since I'm really rusty at this point and have hardly played since high school. Let's not talk about how long ago that was.

David

JJ can be a minstrel on the snickers bar commercial.   ;)
I think we should talk about how long ago since high school it was Dale, since you want to keep us in the dark.   ;D ;)  Just kidding.

Puke

Quote from: dalebert on April 23, 2008, 09:34 AM NHFT

Oh, maybe I'll grab my trumpet on the way up from FL. >:) Prolly not the kind of soft soothing music you were hoping for though, particularly since I'm really rusty at this point and have hardly played since high school. Let's not talk about how long ago that was.

I can bring mine as well. Together we could kill half the guests with horrid screeches.
I haven't played in about 9 years.

Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 23, 2008, 08:09 AM NHFT
When will said pilgrimage occur? Today? If it's later this week I might be able to help on friday.

At any rate, thanks for the effort, I think Burning Porcupine is a great idea.
sorry I somehow didn't see this message.
Yes some of us are now headed up that way on Friday, April 24th.

Puke

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 23, 2008, 03:26 PM NHFT
Taps would be pretty cool.  8)

Taps is a total bitch to play. The high notes are near impossible. I wasn't good enough to play that even when I was in high school.

Russell Kanning

I think Burning Porcupine has a rule regarding singing or playing music.

You only play songs you like to play. :)

dalebert

Quote from: Puke on April 25, 2008, 05:26 AM NHFT
Taps is a total bitch to play. The high notes are near impossible. I wasn't good enough to play that even when I was in high school.

That's one thing I used to excel at- hitting high notes. I don't know if I still can. Taps is usually played on a bugle which has a very limited range of notes since it has no keys. In fact, I'm not 100% certain, but I believe taps makes use of every note that a bugle can hit. We can put a constitution on the burning porcupine and I'll give taps a try.  ;D

srqrebel

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 25, 2008, 06:37 AM NHFT
I think Burning Porcupine has a rule regarding singing or playing music.

What?? There are rules at Burning Porcupine?!! :o

:worship:

;D