• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

We also had a bread man and an egg woman. My older sister, 2.5 yrs older, claims to remember some folks in the neighborhood getting ice delivered. The milk delivery trucks weren't refrigerated. there were hand sized chunks of ice covering the wire crates of dairy products. On hot days he would give us chunks of ice which everybody knows is self cleaning.

KBCraig

This one was a doozy.

Pat K had somehow become a 70-something, gray-haired semi-invalid. The rallying cry of the community was to cheer him on in his attempt to get in shape and climb "Mount Pat", a low hill in Keene.

I grabbed a ride with Kat and Russell, and we found the former monastery where Pat lived, and stopped to visit him, and to give Lloyd a break from his caretaker duties. It was a huge building, one of those sprawling, maze-like, late 19th Century "Golden Age" structures with dozens of rooms and narrow back passageways. We were shocked to find that Pat was much worse than we'd thought; he could barely take five steps without assistance. Pat grabbed onto my shoulders, and I helped him move to another room. My main thought was about how upset Mary was going to be to see what poor shape Pat was in.

While we were moving, we passed by the balcony that looked down onto the loading dock for Snoop Dogg's grocery distribution business. Even though Pat couldn't work, Snoop was generous enough to keep him on at full salary, which some people resented.

Decode that, dream doctors!

Jim Johnson

What was going on in your life the day before you had the dream?

dalebert

Pat K

I can verify that naps are excellent.

dalebert

For many years, I've occasionally had a recurring theme in my dreams. It's about a house. The dreams vary quite a lot but the particular house is the setting. I think I started having this dream when I was house-hunting in L.A. and getting increasingly frustrated at how crappy they were for what I could afford and ultimately ended up getting a condo. It's basically a small mansion and it's like my perfect house. I'm not sure it's exactly the same in every dream but it's always recognizable to me as being the same house, even though it used to be in CA and now it's in NH.

So anyway, this time Ian and I were doing some kind of activism flyering and we were trying to leave something at this house and it was now occupied by someone famous-ish and they had guards at the door who were shooing us away and we got video of it and it went viral with over 200k views on YouTube. I remember in the dream wanting to contact Ian and let him know about this plus mention that it was a house that I had looked at when I was house-hunting and almost bought.

Jim Johnson

A house represents your life, the life you have or the life you want.
You want to ask Ian.
You shooed your self away.

dalebert

What does it mean when you dream you're a prostitute. I'm asking on behalf of a friend.
<.<  >.>  <.<

dalebert

"Last night I dreamt that I was having an adventure in Poland involving castles and mountains." -Leah Farrow

Oh, screw you.

KBCraig

Please overlook the fact that I'm from Arkansas, and keep the kissin' cousins joke to a dull uproar...

I'm working midnights now and sleeping during the day, which always contributes to weird dreams. Sunday was a doozie.

Let me state up front that the cousin in this dream doesn't exist. No one in my family even vaguely resembles this person. I've never known anyone by this description. I only have one female first cousin, who is huge in every dimension, several years younger than me, and not attractive at all. My other first cousins are all men, ranging from 16 years older than me, up to older than my mother.

The dream: so, suddenly I'm in my early 20s again, and back home from college or the Army or something. There's a reunion going on, and a cousin I haven't seen in years is there. We always liked each other, but never spent much time together. She's quite beautiful, about 5'7", raven black hair and blue eyes, trim figure. I break the ice when we hug by giving her a discreet squeeze on the butt, and she confirms the attraction is mutual by not responding with shock or resistance, but giggling and whispering, "Are you crazy, you're going to get us caught!"

So... we manage to sneak in a few kisses and gropes here and there, then the action is broken up by the whole family being on an archeological exploration of an unmanned island where we use ground penetrating radar to find the graves of shipwreck survivors from the 18th or 19th Century. The last few were found mummified in a house after all the others had died.

I told you it was weird.

So then we fast forward back home, where Cuz and I manage to sneak in a few more kisses and hugs, and that's it.

Jim Johnson

I'll probably find a picture of that women in your high school year book, cause that seems like class reunion dream.

KBCraig

Quote from: Jim Johnson on March 25, 2013, 07:04 AM NHFT
I'll probably find a picture of that women in your high school year book, cause that seems like class reunion dream.

Naw, we didn't have any lookers. There were only 24 in my class (21 actually graduated).

Jim Johnson

Then it must be asked, what has been happening around you in the previous two days?

The first thing you thought of is the most important.

KBCraig

Quote from: Jim Johnson on March 25, 2013, 11:16 AM NHFT
Then it must be asked, what has been happening around you in the previous two days?

The first thing you thought of is the most important.

The first thing I thought of, is I have no effin' clue WTF that was all about.

Absolutely nothing happened to me in the previous two days. I'm still adjusting to working midnights, so I spent most of my time off just chilling, trying to listen to my body and sleep when I needed to. Did some work around the house when I was awake. Didn't think a single thought about any cousins, shipwrecks, mummies, or much of anything of consequence except hoping for the winning Powerball (and I didn't even have a ticket). I wished to be home with the fam in NH, but that's every day.

I hoped the Razorbacks baseball team would have a good weekend. They swept South Carolina. I had a many-many-many-greats grandfather in SC once. That's about as close as I can guess.

dalebert

Jim made me a sword which was really two swords connected together in a really unwieldy fashion and the blades could be removed. Thank goodness because they were HUGE. Then I caught a Thunder Cats episode and realized that he'd fashioned it to match the Thunder Cats sword and I was really impressed with the craftsmanship. He did it for free just to be nice.

Then I found out I was Merlin. Somehow Merlin showed up to tell me this which made perfect sense in the dream but I already knew from other sources. He kinda looked like George R.R. Martin. Jim was upset with me for not telling him sooner because it was kind of a big deal and I felt really guilty.