• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Lauren was going to walk with him ... now she will be hearing of his progress from our letters.

I really like the ribbon idea by the big green pedestrian bridge by Brattleboro vt.

The seacoast guys could do something else when he hits the ocean too. :)

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on November 10, 2008, 02:39 PM NHFT
No offense to Portsmouth, but that's not the finish line into NH, it's the exit out of NH into the Atlantic!

I'm getting this mental image of Bill walking into the water and disappearing dramatically like the creature from the black lagoon.

Pat McCotter

Yeah, he's got to ge out to the Isles of Shoals.

The Isles of Shoals

TEN MILES OUT

These nine rocky islands are divided along the border of New Hampshire and Maine. The Isles were a key destination for European fisherman before the Pilgrims landed. Today they are surrounded in misty legends made famous by island poet Celia Thaxter.

Kat Kanning

I was picturing meeting him at the border with signs/banner and then walking with him.

Mike Barskey

Friday

I also think this is an excellent idea, and depending on the day/time, I will be there.  The FSP should also send out a press release.  If someone took an informal count ahead of time as to how many people will greet Will at the border of NH, the press release could be written ahead of time and include that figure (for example, "'dozens' of FSP movers came to greet the Walker for Liberty".

Let's just hope he doesn't pull a Forrest Gump and turn right around and walk back!   ;D

Kat Kanning

Well, he is awfully good at this walking thing now...

Russell Kanning

AntonLee

why Portsmouth?  He should walk right down 286 and land in the Ocean in Seabrook!

either way, it'll be a beautiful thing to see him walk ocean to ocean.  Fantastic!

dalebert

Well he could walk across the bottom of the ocean if he had that curse like the Pirates of the Caribbean.

But anyhoo, I like that idea of coordinating his arrival so it can be on the weekend so more people would be able to be at the border greeting him.

Russell Kanning

I guess we need to get his route into and across NH.

sandm000

Kat Kanning

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: sandm000 on November 11, 2008, 08:28 AM NHFT
It should be available on his website: walkforliberty.com/map

It it is not.  It looks like he just drew a line across NH.  The 1/2 half of it may be correct, but after Nashua it seems to be just a straight line (not following any roads) and ends up in MA.

FTL_Ian

Seems a reasonable guess that he's coming in on Rt. 9.