• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porc 2011

Started by MaineShark, February 25, 2011, 10:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: John on June 28, 2011, 12:06 PM NHFT
Cool.
What kind of movie?

We have a large collection... It'll have to be something somewhat child-friendly, as ours will be present. Among our collection of movies are SuperTroopers, Reefer Madness, (V for Vendetta would just be too violent for them), and others... if there's something folks would like to bring along, we can consider other viewing choices as well. :-)

John

The Bardo bus may roll in ... food and drinks.

Lloyd Danforth

I would like to caution anyone coming that virtually nothing is ready. The area has not been mowed. We can't get the porta potties serviced. Dry firewood is unlikely.

MaineShark

I have engineered logs in 30-pound bags.  $8/bag.

So that's one problem down.

Joe

Russell Kanning

John

Peaceful Assembly Church (860 Main St. Grafton, Center) is always "kinda ready."  ;D

Family friendly environment.

Cell phone "hot spot" for many plans.

Let us know you'll be around.

Did Cool Morning Yoga today.

Closed from Thursday morning through late Thursday afternoon.

Jared

is it this weekend? if so, would i be ok to come by with the wife and kids for the day on saturday or sunday? i have yet to visit grafton

John

I think it makes sense to put the threads for this years Burning Porcupine together?

I don't know how to do it. Please help.

John

Since part of the point of Burning Porcupine is to introduce folks to the way things are here in Grafton, please remember that Ivy's (weather permitting) pot luck bonfire happens every Thursday night in the summer.

John

Quote from: Jared on June 29, 2011, 11:42 AM NHFT
is it this weekend? if so, would i be ok to come by with the wife and kids for the day on saturday or sunday? i have yet to visit grafton

Yes and yes. :)

Russell Kanning

if it rains buckets does she boil potatoes?
hot and dry they make jerky?

John

Yes, Ivy does sometimes boil potatoes when it rains buckets, but I'm thinking that is not weather dependent.
And, not sure.
;D

Lloyd Danforth

Shower is working! Some mowing has been done, but not raked.

jerry

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 29, 2011, 06:24 AM NHFT
I would like to caution anyone coming that virtually nothing is ready. The area has not been mowed. We can't get the porta potties serviced. Dry firewood is unlikely.

Don't listen to the curmudgeon.

The grass got mowed today.  Two of the4 porta potties are usable.  The firewood is drying nicely.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 29, 2011, 02:51 PM NHFTdoes she boil potatoes?

Excellent potato salad (and other good stuff) last night.
Also, PassionatePantherrr brought some of her peanutbutter fudge. HOW THE HECK did I not have some?

There is more info on BP scattered about on the internet. Too bad its not easier for people to find. :(
Seems like this is the transition year where BP moves out to the broader geographical area know as Grafton.
BP is very non-organized. :)