• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell jailed in Waco, 7/5/11

Started by Russell Kanning, June 29, 2011, 06:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Fed deleters successfully thwarted  ;D (thanks for the tip, J.!)

John

Russell Kanning

thanks guys
I just had to do something to budge the Feds off their stationary spot on the Naz issue and push along others.
Lots of funny stories to tell as usual.
The US Attorney was swearing at me last tueday .... yesterday they acted like they didn't want me in jail.
I am out. They want me to go to a hearing in Concord August 1st. Since I cannot afford to do that, I will be letting them know that tomorrow. I don't know what will happen with the charge in Waco. The ticket in Concord is for $125 plus 100 for not showing up last year.

The thing in Waco is for 1 year in jail and $100,000 .... or nothing if they drop it. They have a hearing, then a grand jury, then a trial, then sentencing to go. They have a standby lawyer for me who helps communicate  with them.

The pretrail guy talked about paying to have me sent to Concord. I told the judge that would be great. He joked that the feds are not going to spend 20 times the  amount of the ticket to get me to NH. :)

the private jail "Community Education Center" was pretty crummy. The feds pay $50/day to keep me there compared to almost $200 in NH. I had sun on my skin for 20 minutes this week.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 12, 2011, 07:36 PM NHFTthe feds are not going to spend 20 times the  amount of the ticket to get me to NH. :)

Just as a point of reference: I seem to recall that "by their own rules" you are "entitled" to be "tried" in the place where the "crime" was committed.

"So, YOU NEED TO ..." bla bla bla.   ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 12, 2011, 07:36 PM NHFT

the private jail "Community Education Center" was pretty crummy.

That outfit really sucks. They run the local jail here, and it's bad.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

thanks for the help guys and good wishes
the guys in jail wanted me to write their names next time. I said it might take a while before i get up the nerve to write on the walls again, but I will post their comments. They also want me to tell the world how bad the holding jail is.
the most common "offense" now is "conspiracy" .... like conspiracy to sell drugs

Tom Sawyer

Hey Russell would you relate some of your experience from disappearing down the fed rabbit hole?

Russell Kanning

yea .... i need to slowly post all the details
it was much like the other times for us

Russell Kanning

when i got to the jail they decided to let me keep my glasses, but took my wedding ring
as they took it ... I told them that when I left they would not be ready to hand it to me. I guess I am starting to know these jails. Partly it is because I leave a lot quicker than they are used to.
This jail was incredibly sloppy, but they didn't have any of the cop thug types like most other jails.

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 16, 2011, 06:17 PM NHFT
This jail was incredibly sloppy, but they didn't have any of the cop thug types like most other jails.

The one thing that's "better" (if you can call it that) about private jails, is that they usually pay barely above minimum wage and have a huge turnover, and staff often either have their hands out, or are at least silently hoping for a bribe.

Russell Kanning

these guys were making $9/hr and were constantly quiting

Kat Kanning

We retrieved his wedding ring today.

John

KBCraig