• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 3

Started by ZAF???, June 09, 2005, 11:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: russellkanning on June 09, 2005, 08:36 PM NHFT
Lloyd you are going to force me to have PatK go on a one day fast.......sorry Mike I just couldn't resist. ;D

I know that sometimes PatK feels left out of our events so I figure we can have him fast instead of Mike or I can tell the feds that I am flying to meet with my covert operative on Long Island.

I will not eat anything for the next 10 min, I hope I don't pass out.

Dave Ridley

Kat:  below is  a suggested introduction to the freedom to travel flyer.

The Unidentified Flying Objector (NHFree.com)

On Saturday, June 11, Keene resident Russell Kanning will peacefully attempt to board his flight from Manchester to Philadelphia with no I.D.   He will not interfere with the smooth operations of the security checkpoint...although the actions of TSA personel are not under his control.  He is attempting to make the following points, that you and your children may someday travel without papers...as our forefathers did.

Pat K

Dave Ridley

Quote from: russellkanning on June 09, 2005, 10:26 AM NHFT
I can even think that the US is the best country in the world and still have issues with it.

more than that...each of us can think *New Hampshire* is the best *state* in the best country in the world....and still have issues with her.   That's how I feel.

Dave Ridley

zaf wrote:
<<You aren't fighting the right fight>>

Zaf can you give us some thoughts regarding what the right fight would be to attain more freedom for all Americans, primarily those in this state?   Would you agree that more freedom is good or argue that we have sufficient freedom? 

ZAF???

Quote from: DadaOrwell on June 09, 2005, 09:01 PM NHFT
On Saturday, June 11, Keene resident Russell Kanning will peacefully attempt to board his flight from Manchester to Philadelphia with no I.D.? ?He will not interfere with the smooth operations of the security checkpoint...although the actions of TSA personel are not under his control.? He is attempting to make the following points, that you and your children may someday travel without papers...as our forefathers did.
[/quote}

Everyone in America knows you can board an airline without ID... again, y'all are uninformed and fighting the worng fight. You might want to change your stance before geting in that security line.

Why don't y'all address my points... are y'all too afraid? I guesss so, G'night! Kisses and love ~ ZAF??? ?;D

Dave Ridley

Mike wrote:

<<Because of research of nonviolent noncooperation, I now realize that there are countless ways to work for liberty >>

Correct.  Mike's re-discovery of Gandhi's approach has taught us something critical but something we should have been able to figure out for ourselves a long time ago.  The Gandhi method is tailor-made for use in modern day America.  Probably wouldn't have worked in Nazi i countries but we are not at that point....and with this new set of tactics at our disposal I'm confident we never will be.   Sure our small group can't do all that much, but once we've shown this to be effective it will tend to start repeating itself around the country.   

Dave Ridley

Thanks Zaf!  I've amended the header to reflect your feedback, adding the words "or patdown":

On Saturday, June 11, Keene resident Russell Kanning will peacefully attempt to board his flight from Manchester to Philadelphia with no I.D. or patdown.   He will not interfere with the smooth operations of the security checkpoint...although the actions of TSA personel are not under his control.  He is attempting to make the following points, that you and your children may someday travel without papers...as our forefathers did.

Dave Ridley

ZAF with regard to answering your questions...I don't remember them all or know all the answers but this should answer some of them; a Keene resident's suggestions for *real* airline security.  He's a professional pilot, but I don't remember if he flies freight or people:

http://varrin.com/security.htm

AlanM

Quote from: Pat K on June 09, 2005, 08:56 PM NHFT
Lloyd you are going to force me to have PatK go on a one day fast.......sorry Mike I just couldn't resist. ;D

I know that sometimes PatK feels left out of our events so I figure we can have him fast instead of Mike or I can tell the feds that I am flying to meet with my covert operative on Long Island.

Wow! That is an unnatural act of penence! Shorty salutes you PatK! ?8) You're beautiful man. We love ya.

John

So how did it go Pat?
BTW, I sometimes get a bit cranky when I'm hungry.
I think I'll go eat now.
8)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 09, 2005, 08:26 PM NHFT
As I said in my email to you, neither your rediculus fasts, nor, your boycotting the forum upset me at all.? I find them silly and a bore.
What bothers me is you're going on about this, adnauseum!

It is disheartening that my methods are being insulted and my arguments are not being considered, especially among my friends.

Oh, nevermind.? My attempts are hopeless.

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 09, 2005, 08:26 PM NHFT
and, frankly, that doesn't bother me much.? I can and will just ignore you.

Headline: "World to End Toomorrow!, Mike Effected? Most!"

Did it ever occur to you that you're acting a little sensitive?

No, no, please don't get back to me on that!

I am sensitive to the words and opinions of my friends, yes.

Pat K

Quote from: John on June 09, 2005, 09:46 PM NHFT

So how did it go Pat?
BTW, I sometimes get a bit cranky when I'm hungry.
I think I'll go eat now.
8)

Well it was tough. But I did it. ;D

Dave Ridley

There is a guy at FreeRepublic.com who was talking about this issue and I think does a better job than I can of articulating it than I can:

"We don't need to turn into a surveillance state to maintain security.

In fact, we fought a Cold War against a foe with hydrogen bombs, enough chem/bioweapons to kill everything on Earth, and an active program of infiltrating spies and saboteurs into the U.S. WITHOUT requiring ID to fly.

Wear your chains lightly."

- eno_ (FreeRepublic.com participant)

another quote i liike for explaining this approach:

As for adopting the ways of the State has provided for remedying the evil, I know not of such ways. They take too much time, and a man's life will be gone.
- Henry David Thoreau

Dave Ridley

Mike take heart...  there is no such thing as activity without mistakes.  Even if your public fast was a mistake it's OK because you learn from it and get better at knowing when to do it.   I believe in you overall and I bet everyone else here does too!  You're the one who went to jail for your beliefs not us!