• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 3

Started by ZAF???, June 09, 2005, 11:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ZAF???

Quote from: Jim C. Perry on June 06, 2005, 03:05 PM NHFT
I was involved in an Anti-Patriot Act civil disobedience stunt where we (some friends of mine and I) bought some books on Islam, Terrorism, Bomb-making on a credit card and then donated them to public libraries.

JP

Very peaceful  ::).... Are you kidding me with this?

AlanM

ZAF,
I just went through the first 6 pages and didn't find ANYTHING said by Mike that can be construed as aggressive. I did find the following from Mike:

"If you harass the screeners about it repeatedly, you'll be thrown in jail, but why would a moral person harass someone?"

"Whoooaaaa there... let's not go around running over anyone.  That's not polite!  That's also a violation of ZAP!"

Perhaps that is what you meant.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ZAF??? on June 09, 2005, 11:03 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim C. Perry on June 06, 2005, 03:05 PM NHFT
JP

Very peaceful? ::).... Are you kidding me with this?
Did he actually hurt anyone?....not at all....I have even given thought to carrying a koran myself.

Kat Kanning

I'm laughing my rear off over the idea of anyone being afraid of JP!   ;D

AlanM

QuoteAlan, Please feel free to re-read the few quotes that I pulled... perhaps you are missing them as you are a bit biased.

I am off to a meeting, forgive me if I am not around to answer any other posts that may crop up between now and then. Until then, please let me say that I am thrilled that this forum has gone from meanless chatter and and a 'bring down da man' additude to an intelligent debate. There might be hope for you yet. 

Am I missing something here? Being for an intelligent debate is "aggressive"? How?

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on June 09, 2005, 11:14 AM NHFT
I'm laughing my rear off over the idea of anyone being afraid of JP!? ?;D

His smile is real scary.  ;D

ZAF???

Alan, Please feel free to re-read the few quotes that I pulled... perhaps you are missing them as you are a bit biased.

I am off to a meeting, forgive me if I am not around to answer any other posts that may crop up between now and then. Until then, please let me say that I am thrilled that this forum has gone from meanless chatter and and a 'bring down da man' additude to an intelligent debate. There might be hope for you yet. ?

I had posted another thought to Mr. Kanning in reference to his asking 'Did he actually hurt anyone?'. The more I sat on the answer, I didn't like it. So I pulled it. However, I would like to answer again. Mr. Perry did not hurt anyone with that action. You are correct. But the act of bringing bomb instructions to a library making it that much more accessible is helping the act along. The way I see it, Mr. Perry would probably liketo make a bomb, but it falls outside the guidelines of Zap, perhaps his only 'friends'. So, have someone else do it. Or perhaps, he is just too much of a wuss to pull something that ballsy off himself... who knows? But in the end, a sane, together person would not do something as dumb. Mr. Perry, what was the reasoning behind bringing the instructions to the library? What did you expect to gain or pull off by doing such an act? Was it a way to get your rocks off? Give you something to talk about to all your buddies over a brew? Makes you look like a really bad guy (or suffering anti-government lad) having the FBI spend some time with you. In the end, you come off as a fool.

That being said, I am off! Ciao!

Russell Kanning

Sane......Jim Perry.......all of us already know it is not possible. 8)

Russell Kanning

the Liberty Tree Society.......Stickin' it to the Man since 2005

KBCraig

Quote from: ZAF??? on June 09, 2005, 11:31 AM NHFT
I am thrilled that this forum has gone from meanless chatter and and a 'bring down da man' additude to an intelligent debate. There might be hope for you yet.

Yes, 44 pages of meaningless blather, and it only took 5 posts from you to fix it. We couldn't have done it without you!  ::)

Kevin

YeahItsMeJP

The point of bringing the literature to the library was to prove the point the government IS spying on regular, ordinary citizens - not just suspected terrorists. When asked if they suspected me of terrorism, they said no. So thus, I was not a suspected terrorist.

In reality, the FBI guys who visited me thought it was pretty funny. :D

JP

YeahItsMeJP

On the note of harm, while I support the right to self-defense (including using such things as guns), I myself tend to be pacifistic. While I do not know how I would act in reality if my life were endangered, I would like to think I would not resist - as each day passes I am pretty confident I would stick to my pacifism.

JP

YeahItsMeJP

While I would not have been one of the folks carrying a gun on the plane, I like the message this cartoon portrays. I would feel safer if this were reality than government agents with guns.

FTL_Ian