• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

You might call my ancient rants about islam a.....

Started by Riddler, January 09, 2015, 06:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Quote from: Riddler on February 04, 2015, 07:56 PM NHFTGoogle pew research sharia law...lots of easy to look at charts.....backing up what I just said....

Did that.  This is the first result: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-exec/

It says that many Muslims support Sharia law.

It also says things like this:
QuoteAt the same time, the survey finds that even in many countries where there is strong backing for sharia, most Muslims favor religious freedom for people of other faiths. In Pakistan, for example, three-quarters of Muslims say that non-Muslims are very free to practice their religion, and fully 96% of those who share this assessment say it is "a good thing." Yet 84% of Pakistani Muslims favor enshrining sharia as official law. These seemingly divergent views are possible partly because most supporters of sharia in Pakistan – as in many other countries – think Islamic law should apply only to Muslims.
[emphasis added]

And this:
QuoteOverall, the survey finds that most Muslims see no inherent tension between being religiously devout and living in a modern society. Nor do they see any conflict between religion and science. Many favor democracy over authoritarian rule, believe that humans and other living things have evolved over time and say they personally enjoy Western movies, music and television – even though most think Western popular culture undermines public morality.

And this:
QuoteAround the world, most Muslims also reject suicide bombing and other attacks against civilians. However, substantial minorities in several countries say such acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 26% of Muslims in Bangladesh, 29% in Egypt, 39% in Afghanistan and 40% in the Palestinian territories.

(ask Americans about the US bombing of civilians throughout the last century, and I bet you'll get similar results stating that it is "at least sometimes justified")

And this:
QuoteIn most countries where a question about so-called "honor" killings was asked, majorities of Muslims say such killings are never justified.

Just for a few selections that jumped out.

Yet again, your own evidence proves your claims false.

Riddler

So....you've nothing to add about the other site....Hundreds of documented attrocities, all over the world with muslim written all over it.....
Ice your cake any way you like.........use plenty of frosting........
Stand by to stand by...........like I said to Russ.....
I'll let my thoughts linger here.......and pop I in a year or so...and we'll see what we see

MaineShark

Quote from: Riddler on February 04, 2015, 09:14 PM NHFTSo....you've nothing to add about the other site....Hundreds of documented attrocities, all over the world with muslim written all over it.....

What other site?  You didn't link any - you just suggested looking up Pew, which I did.

And we've already been over the atrocities.  Each major religion has extremists who do such things, throughout history, and up to today.  When it comes to atrocities, Islam is actually lagging behind others, both in number and severity.  So, picking one one of them as if it's somehow different in that regard makes no sense.

Jim Johnson

War Cat is right.

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

Free libertarian

When I was a kid the Red Sox first basemen was George Scott, his nickname was "Boomer".   He wore a batting helmet though. 

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 08, 2015, 09:46 PM NHFT
When I was a kid the Red Sox first basemen was George Scott, his nickname was "Boomer".   He wore a batting helmet though.

"Talking to George Scott is like talking to cement"
- Manager Dick Williams

I remember back near the end of Scott's career, he was mired in a woeful, 0-25 slump with 20 strikeouts, but broke out of it - temporarily, at least - with a mammoth blast over the left field screen, which itself was indicative of a mis-swing because Scott's natural power was to right center, but anyway, the crowd was cheering wildly, demanding a curtain call, which Scott wouldn't give them, and the pitcher refused to pitch until the crowd settled down.

Teammate Luis Tiant ended the impasse by making the curtain call for Scott.  He rolled up someone's warmup jacket and tucked it in his shirt, to look like Scott's belly, and put on Scott's batting helmet and stepped out of the dugout and waved to the crowd, and even though they knew it wasn't Boomer, the applause finally subsided and the game resumed.

"There are just five superstars in the American League:  me, John Mayberry, Reggie Jackson, Thurman Munson and Rod Carew."
  - George Scott

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Norway's Muslims Organize to Protect Jews
Ring around the synagogue

Quote"We think that after the terrorist attacks in Copenhagen, it is the perfect time for us Muslims to distance ourselves from the harassment of Jews that is happening," Arshad told NRK, Norway's public service broadcaster. About a thousand people have signed up on the group's Facebook page, including well-wishers from around the world.

Russell Kanning

Riddler

Yuppers.....you all continually prove me wrong....
Day after day.......beheadings, burning people in cages, blowing people up.....all 50 U.S. states with active radical - Islamic threats...yeah.
Christians,  Jews, Buddhists,  are keeping right up with the fun-loving Muslims. ....you people,  I thought,  were somewhat educated...had some normal capacity for rational sense. ...what gives?

Jim Johnson

Riddler

You know, I really and truly wish I was wrong about this whole radical islam debacle. I don't come here to rabble-rouse or troll, despite your prejudicial tendencies. If you simply pay attention to the daily news, I'm pretty sure you'll see the light, Carol-Ann....just don't step into it.....

Tom Sawyer

Maybe a little less Fox News is in order. They got caught in the silly "No Go Zones" lie. http://youtu.be/ATrxLlEPaSo

Of course awful shit has been happening. But the ISIS idiots are as much thugs and opportunists as fundamentalists.