• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kat and Russell in court March 1 (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, February 12, 2006, 01:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We plead not guilty and will have a trial on 4/19.

Russell Kanning

BTW .... keep calling the Manchester PD. They like it.

Kat Kanning

They've charged us with a class A misdemenor with a max sentence of 1 yr in jail + fine.

Thespis

Did the judge seem sympathetic at all, or was it just cut and dry business?

pcwallis

That is good that you both plead "Not Guilty"  - because your both are not GUILTY !!  I never knew that signs and messages were "Weapons of Mass Destruction"  It tells me that the government did not like what they were reading.  Good !  Government should fear its people, not the people fear its government.  

pcwallis
Wisconsin

JonM

Caleb

Very cut and dry, from my perspective.  Kat had a law school student who was representing her under some NH RSA.  He tried to get the judge to dismiss the case due to lack of probable cause.  judge shot it right down, saying that wasn't the purpose of the hearing today.

Caleb

pcwallis

The judge could have and should have thrown out and dismissed the case.  The judge apparently does not have enough case load and needs the work.

pcwallis
Wisconsin

president

Quote from: russellkanning on March 01, 2006, 12:41 PM NHFT
We plead not guilty and will have a trial on 4/19.
4/19/1775  Battle of Lexington and Concord, "shot heard round the world", beginning the American Revolutionary War.

JonM

A trial is desirable from a publicity perspective.  That the prosecutor didn't realize that and dismiss amazes me.  But perhaps the prosecutor does realize that and wants a precedent set as well.  So many wheels within wheels . . .

Kat Kanning

Russell told them later that the NHCLU is getting involved in the case.  Seems like that would have belatedly clued him in.

pcwallis

There in lays the problem with this government. Wheels within wheels.

pcwallis
Wisconsin

Kat Kanning

Thanks to danhynes for the legal legwork today, and to everyone else who showed up for support/protest/etc.  :)

Fluff and Stuff

One question, this is two completely seperate cases right?

Kat Kanning