• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Welcome to the Grafton News Site

Started by tracysaboe, August 06, 2006, 08:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: morningowl on July 10, 2007, 02:57 PM NHFT
Thanks, I looked over their site and doesn't the general population in the US somewhat seek similar conditions?

It just does not seem to me that free staters will ever gain enough power

If Bush had it his way, he'd probably have military law in place in the US.
then we are all set :)

some of us seek no power ... so we are already there :)

If Bush doesn't always get his way .... then there must be hope .... something is stopping it.

money dollars

Quote from: morningowl on July 10, 2007, 02:11 PM NHFT
Ok, I've been in Grafton now for 3 years and do love it.
Daniel?

QuoteSince I live in Grafton, I've probably run into a "Free Stater" but certainly didn't know it.
They keep it secret. Shhhh....

QuoteWhere exactly in Grafton did they settle?
Bullocks Crossing, RT. 4, Slab City Rd., Dean Hill Rd....

QuoteThe only issue I run into in Grafton is it is quite remote. I work 1.5 hours away.
That sucks. What do you do for internet access?

morningowl

Quote from: money dollars on July 11, 2007, 02:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: morningowl on July 10, 2007, 02:11 PM NHFT
Ok, I've been in Grafton now for 3 years and do love it.
Daniel?
Nope, not Daniel....Tony

QuoteSince I live in Grafton, I've probably run into a "Free Stater" but certainly didn't know it.
They keep it secret. Shhhh....
Duh!

QuoteWhere exactly in Grafton did they settle?
Bullocks Crossing, RT. 4, Slab City Rd., Dean Hill Rd....

Ok, so some are less than a two minute walk from me...odd I never noticed, but then again, what would there be to notice?

QuoteThe only issue I run into in Grafton is it is quite remote. I work 1.5 hours away.
That sucks. What do you do for internet access?
Right now I don't...I have dialup through work if needed, but I am a techie and am online at work all of the time. There is Wild Blue satellite, but is initially pretty expensive to buy the equipment. Until I have desperate need, I will remain disconnected in Grafton. I like it that way.

morningowl

What is "Karma" about and why am I at a -2? Am I pushing buttons I am not supposed to? I no like bad karma.

Dreepa

Quote from: morningowl on July 11, 2007, 03:13 PM NHFT
What is "Karma" about and why am I at a -2? Am I pushing buttons I am not supposed to? I no like bad karma.
It is -1 now  but my guess is that it is because you wanted people to pay for your college loans.

Lloyd Danforth

He did?  Oh Shit!  Can I get back my applaud?

money dollars

I thought you might be this guy:
http://bergamini.org/

It looks like he is trying to do some type of wireless internet access thing.....
http://oxymoron.net/

morningowl

Quote from: Dreepa on July 11, 2007, 03:24 PM NHFT
It is -1 now  but my guess is that it is because you wanted people to pay for your college loans.
I don't want anyone to pay my college loans for me! But if a presidential hopeful wants to 'forgive' my loans I wont complain. I understand fully that this is my debt and do intend to pay it, I was just making a point to another poster.

But I still don't quite understand where this Karma number comes from and how it calculates....just asking for information, there's nothing in 'help' that I can find about it.

Dreepa

Quote from: morningowl on July 11, 2007, 03:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on July 11, 2007, 03:24 PM NHFT
I don't want anyone to pay my college loans for me! But if a presidential hopeful wants to 'forgive' my loans I wont complain. I understand fully that this is my debt and do intend to pay it, I was just making a point to another poster.

But I still don't quite understand where this Karma number comes from and how it calculates....just asking for information, there's nothing in 'help' that I can find about it.

Ok I gotcha..

Ok karma (once you post 10 times-- quickly go post a few more) you will see an applaud or smite link next to a poster's name.
If you like what they say applaud.  If you don't smite.
Partly a popularity contest, partly a 'pc' contest and partly shows 'something'.

Vote Tyler Stearns

I just gave you some karma, owl, but then read your post about Hilary...kiss of death ;)

I don't understand the whole government subsidized student loan thing, but if the govt "forgives" your student loans, then aren't "we" who pay taxes collectively paying for them in the long run?

Lex

Quote from: morningowl on July 11, 2007, 03:10 PM NHFT
Right now I don't...I have dialup through work if needed, but I am a techie and am online at work all of the time. There is Wild Blue satellite, but is initially pretty expensive to buy the equipment. Until I have desperate need, I will remain disconnected in Grafton. I like it that way.

I signed up last year, equipment and installation was free. I'm on Rt 4 in Grafton, you've probably seen my Wild Blue dish while driving down Rt 4.

morningowl

Quote from: malevil on July 11, 2007, 04:09 PM NHFT
I just gave you some karma, owl, but then read your post about Hilary...kiss of death ;)

I don't understand the whole government subsidized student loan thing, but if the govt "forgives" your student loans, then aren't "we" who pay taxes collectively paying for them in the long run?
I acquiece....yes, in the long run our tax money goes toward subsidized loans

Russell Kanning

morningowl

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 12, 2007, 08:34 AM NHFT
"our tax money" hmmm

Not implying I don't pay my taxes are you? cuz I certainly do.

Russell Kanning

I am sorry to hear that.

I guess I am not included with your "our" .... maybe some day you can join "us".