• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building Fun at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 15, 2006, 05:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

The last block was laid yesterday afternoon. :)

I am not sure what we can do on this Saturday, but it is supposed to be sunny.

Lloyd Danforth

Is all of the coating applied?  How about the rebar?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 11, 2006, 06:49 AM NHFT
The last block was laid yesterday afternoon. :)

I am not sure what we can do on this Saturday, but it is supposed to be sunny.

Very  8)
Karma to you all.

I've been feverishly splitting firewood, with a side of repairing my household electrical system. Mr. Murphy has been have his brand of devilish fun with me lately. Most recently my power has been intermittent, not too good for my computer equipment.

Kat Kanning

Coating should be finished this morning.
Rebar/cement = not done
Floor on basement needs to be done soon....before filling in dirt at the back.

Lloyd Danforth

Partly cloudy forcasted for Sat.  I have some metal cutting blades and a crappy skillsaw for cutting rebar. Many hands might be helpfull doing the rebar, forcing the cement down the little holes.  I'm guessing the cellar will still have water in it.

Russell Kanning

no water right now ... dry as a bone now
we already are cutting rebar with something at shorty's
we could also build forms for more cement pouring around the old foundation. :)

Lloyd Danforth

John

Russell Kanning

Jim and Whip were slathering the outside a few hours before it started raining last night. Jim had all the tops covered with plastic and boards.

On Saturday we can build forms for the other little foundation pours. :)

Tom Sawyer

Trying to get things done here, hope to come help Sat. (Lots of little obstacles getting in the way of the bigger goals.)

Great to hear the progress reports.  Kat and Russell, you guys make good neighbors (neighboring towns, that is). 8)
And Whip is a great neighbor... to give time at this time of year, says alot about him. :)

Radical_Teen

Quote from: Roger Grant on October 11, 2006, 07:58 AM NHFT
I've been feverishly splitting firewood, with a side of repairing my household electrical system. Mr. Murphy has been have his brand of devilish fun with me lately. Most recently my power has been intermittent, not too good for my computer equipment.

Who is Mr. Murphy??

Kat Kanning

Someone had to explain to me, too:  Murphy of Murphy's Laws - what can go wrong will go wrong.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: kira_jane on October 12, 2006, 07:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on October 11, 2006, 07:58 AM NHFT

Who is Mr. Murphy??

Of Murphy's Law fame ie.  "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong." (And at the worst possible time)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law

Russell Kanning

We will head over to shorty's in the morning tomorrow. :)