• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nominations for the next silent demonstration?

Started by Dave Ridley, September 21, 2006, 07:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

OK who has ideas where I should go over the next week or to and hold signs?  What should the signs say?  What is the background on the situation?

Pat K

Well if you would go over to the place we meet at with a sign that read =Make Real Pizza that would be good.

Recumbent ReCycler

You could go to the UNH-Durham PD and hold a sign with the oath that they take to become police officers and a copy of the bill of rights.  They don't seem to believe that students should be trusted with rights.  There have been too many violations to list.  If you come to UNH, please let me know beforehand so that I can at least meet with you and/or videotape your actions and the responses that you get.

Dave Ridley

i just hit UNH a few weeks ago.   i don't think I would want to do the same place twice without a year or two in between each visit.   Law of diminishing returns and all that.  But if something specific enough or nasty enough happens to protest against there, that would be of interest.

Caleb

I'd nominate the police department in New London, CT.  Kat pulled off a silent demonstration today, which seems to have affected them.  Good to keep piling it on.

Caleb

Dave Ridley

she did?  that is really cool...

imitation being the sincerest form of flattery and all LOL

can't wait to hear the report

Dave Ridley

OK I've done new london, six different places plus the sign waving on the street. 

But I only have one place in new hampshire planned at the moment, I need more and am out of ideas of my own.  Jane's idea about the view tax was also good but i don't know precisely whose office to enter on that one yet. 

Kat Kanning

I think you should do a silent protest at the mime's guild.

Kat Kanning

OK, dress in hood/electrodes like the Abu Grahib guy and go do the silent thing in Bass' office.

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 07, 2006, 01:57 PM NHFT
I think you should do a silent protest at the mime's guild.

The mime's have a guild? I have never heard of it, no one has said a word
about it.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 07, 2006, 02:01 PM NHFT
OK, dress in hood/electrodes like the Abu Grahib guy and go do the silent thing in Bass' office.

ok now that has some spunk to it.   it's amazing someone hasn't already thought of something like that and done it...altho maybe someone has.

d_goddard

My $0.02: the Abu Ghraib thing is not a good demonstration because only the democrats will identify with you; the republicans will oppose you.

The ideal act is demonstrative one that unites all the people against the tyrranical government. Perfect case in point were the college parties. 99% of people are not opposed to 19 year olds drinking and having fun. The other 1% are just jealous they're not 19 anymore ;)

CNHT

Quote from: d_goddard on October 08, 2006, 07:42 AM NHFT
My $0.02: the Abu Ghraib thing is not a good demonstration because only the democrats will identify with you; the republicans will oppose you.

The ideal act is demonstrative one that unites all the people against the tyrranical government. Perfect case in point were the college parties. 99% of people are not opposed to 19 year olds drinking and having fun. The other 1% are just jealous they're not 19 anymore ;)

I agree with Denis and have been saying this all along. You must have a reason to oppose things as well, in order to sound intelligent, rather than just saying things like you like Lynch because 'he's not Benson' with no facts to back it up...and no alternative solutions, which is why some national issues are really out of the realm of anything that we can do and which is why I prefer to concentrate on NH issues. And lord knows we have plenty!

Dave Ridley

OK another idea that's come up on a different thread is going to perp offices connected to the view tax.  I've identified two of those so far, but it's interesting how difficutl it's been to find anyone else around here who even knows who to blame for the view tax.  Jane seems to be the only one who could come up with a name or a bureaucracy to point at.

Keep the ideas coming so we have enough offices to visit for another SD marathon

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 09, 2006, 01:29 PM NHFT
going to perp offices connected to the view tax.  I've identified two of those so far, but it's interesting how difficutl it's been to find anyone else around here who even knows who to blame for the view tax.  Jane seems to be the only one who could come up with a name or a bureaucracy to point at.
This is FUCKING GORGEOUS. NH residents have been burned by the view tax many times and when it burns 'em, they feel that pain for as long time

Ed Naile is the walking, breathing database of tax offences by the NH gubamint. Jane, Ed, and folks like Bob Kingsbury are the people who know all about this stuff, and it's no coincidence they're all on the Board of the CNHT.