• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario arrested in New London

Started by Kat Kanning, September 22, 2006, 10:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I think they've got 2 or 3 cats already.  It was funny watching Jim play with Ivan-the-weird the other day...he can do anything to that cat and it likes it.

Russell Kanning

When I was last in jail ..... letters, phone calls, and visits outside ..... all helped speed up the process and helped me to avoid more pain/time/fines. Everything you guys are doing is helping Lauren. :)

FrankChodorov

QuoteLauren Ann Canario meets all definitions of a holdover tenant she should be freed immediately.  Her rights to peaceful and quiet enjoyment of her former home have been trampled by New London and NLDC.

one small problem with that theory...she wasn't arrested on the property of her "former home".

Russell Kanning

One small problem ..... noone needed to touch her on that day. :)

Kat Kanning

The NLDC/Pfiser/City of New London did much to destroy the concept of property rights.  Why should their property rights be respected?

Lauren was on her friend Michael Cristafaro's property.  He wasn't complaining. Even by their twisted legality, Cristafaro still has the right to be there, therefore, so does his guest, Lauren.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 26, 2006, 09:32 AM NHFT
The NLDC/Pfiser/City of New London did much to destroy the concept of property rights.  Why should their property rights be respected?

Lauren was on her friend Michael Cristafaro's property.  He wasn't complaining. Even by their twisted legality, Cristafaro still has the right to be there, therefore, so does his guest, Lauren.

so two wrongs make a right?

I thought he sold the property?

how does he then have a right to be there even by their "twisted legality"?

Kat Kanning

Called the prison again and they say they still don't have a prisoner # for her, so we can send mail.

lildog

Quote from: FrankChodorov on September 26, 2006, 09:08 AM NHFT
QuoteLauren Ann Canario meets all definitions of a holdover tenant she should be freed immediately.  Her rights to peaceful and quiet enjoyment of her former home have been trampled by New London and NLDC.

one small problem with that theory...she wasn't arrested on the property of her "former home".

I?m a little confused by this whole thing.

Was Lauren renting one of the homes that was taken due to E.D.?

I think from what I?ve read I?d have to side with her on this one.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: lildog on September 26, 2006, 11:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on September 26, 2006, 09:08 AM NHFT

I think from what I?ve read I?d have to side with her on this one.

I believe she was renting an apartment within a property that was taken via E.D. but she was arrested on the porch of another house that was taken via E.D.

do you agree or disagree that E.D. itself as described in the constitution (for public purposes not as determined for Kelo case) is justified?

KBCraig

Quote from: lildog on September 26, 2006, 11:27 AM NHFT

Yes she was, but not the home at which she was arrested.

She's being charged with trespassing, but for that to be valid, there has to be a complaint from the property owner. Without the owner's complaint, how would police determine that the person is there without permission? (Some states do allow police to charge trespassing without a complaint if someone enters a fenced or enclosed area closed to the public.)

Kevin

FTL_Ian

Kat, when you get the prisoner number will you start a new thread for Lauren contact info so people don't have to dig around for it?

lildog

Quote from: FrankChodorov on September 26, 2006, 11:33 AM NHFT
do you agree or disagree that E.D. itself as described in the constitution (for public purposes not as determined for Kelo case) is justified?

I do agree there are cases where E.D. is justified.  The case in CT is not one of them.

I was watching a movie actually over the weekend which showed a clear cut justification for E.D.  It's called the Crossing, about Washington's crossing of the Deleware River.

Washington had his troops take all the boats along the river they could find.  This allowed for his troops to make their famous crossing and resulted in the turning point of the war.

Russell Kanning

She puts things on the front page like that. :)

FrankChodorov

QuoteShe's being charged with trespassing, but for that to be valid, there has to be a complaint from the property owner

well whom in this case is the property owner?

Christoforo sold the property upon which Lauren was arrested...

FrankChodorov

QuoteI do agree there are cases where E.D. is justified.  The case in CT is not one of them.

as I said - I was asking about the constitutional justification not the Kelo justification.

btw - do you know what the essence of the kelo justification was?

QuoteWashington had his troops take all the boats along the river they could find.

that wasn't eminant domain as they did not keep the boats.

it was "usufruct" - a principle most libertarians know nothing about but the republican liberal Thomas Jefferson wrote about extensively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usufruct