• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario arrested in New London

Started by Kat Kanning, September 22, 2006, 10:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Last time, she was in shackles and solitary the whole time.  :(  We can assume they're doing the same thing to her this time.  On a more happy note, though, Jim says he'll be able to visit her on Wednesday, but it will be through glass...no contact.

I'm sending Lauren a letter every day.

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

Quote from: powerpenguin on October 03, 2006, 12:23 AM NHFT
Has the local media been hit up yet? This means the local independent local events/music-cultural rags as well. They're likely to be more receptive to this, though their distribution is smaller.

You can call them anytime.

Kat Kanning

Jim didn't get to see Lauren today.  He's going to try again tomorrow.  As far as we know, he's not getting arrested Friday.

mlorrey

http://digg.com/politics/Eminent_Domain_Protester_Canario_Held_In_Gitmo_Style

Digg it, lets get the word out nationwide that a middle aged woman is being treated like a terrorist.

tracysaboe

Dugg

+1 to Lorrey again.

I don't know.

I am starting to Agree with Incrementalist about some of this, getting all of you arrested is fine and all -- but how does that help New Hampshire?

Tracy

KBCraig

Quote from: mlorrey on October 04, 2006, 09:59 PM NHFT
http://digg.com/politics/Eminent_Domain_Protester_Canario_Held_In_Gitmo_Style

Digg it, lets get the word out nationwide that a middle aged woman is being treated like a terrorist.

errr...

Maybe I missed a report from Kat where she's spoken with Lauren and knows anything about the conditions of her confinement.

Maybe you meant this? "Last time, she was in shackles and solitary the whole time.  We can assume they're doing the same thing to her this time."

Sorry, but I couldn't digg your article when we don't know that she's being held in shackles. If she was being held that way, the jail is violating every law and ACA standard there is, not to mention (probably) their own policies.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

I told people that on nh-porcupines announce yesterday, when I was asking for letters for her.  That's what they did to her last time.  She's in the same psych ward, I assume being treated the same way as last time.  Jim was saying how she had cuts on her ankles when she got out because of the leg chains - she has scars now.  Some other stuff in Lorrey's article was inaccurate, but I don't see why that would be.

Dave Ridley

call and ask the jail between 8 and 3.  i called last night to ask , and they said the warden is in during those hours and you can ask for her and let her give you an answer, truth or lie.

860 691  6700

Dave Ridley

Lori Ricks is the name of the warden as of 2005.
I will call her if i can.

Russell Kanning

I called a minute ago.
He would not tell me if she was in shackles. He says that is not public information. He said that prisoners receive all the priviledges and benefits of the correctional system if they comply with the rules or society.
He is just doing his job to maintain his paycheck. He does not want to answer questions about whether what he is doing is right or wrong.
I asked him if they could ask him to do something that he just couldn't do because it was wrong and he said that was not even something to think about.
Some officers are obviously playing bad cop to a high degree and feel good about forcing the governments rules on our friend. They are snide and wish not to talk about their responsibilities.

Russell Kanning

I guess I could call every day and report the results in the Keene Free Press. Anyone else want to call and interview the officers?:)

Dreepa

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 05, 2006, 08:27 AM NHFT
He said that prisoners receive all the priviledges and benefits of the correctional system if they comply with the rules or society.

What the fuck does this mean? ::) ???

Kat Kanning

I think the last part was supposed to be "rules of our society" if that helps.

Dreepa

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 05, 2006, 06:02 PM NHFT
I think the last part was supposed to be "rules of our society" if that helps.
I figured that... and I don't mean WTF Russell I mean....
What the FUCK?

She was sitting on a porch!