• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

8:56 AM, August 26, 2009
Marko said...

If there really is a just and loving God, Mary Jo Kopechne just got issued a ball gag, a blowtorch, a pair of pliers, and a day pass to Hell.

Comment on a blog.

KBCraig

"The prisoner has been charged with the most serious breach of social etiquette; total defiance of the elementary laws which sustain our community; questioning the decisions of those we voted to govern us; unhealthy aspects of speech, and dress not in accordance with general practice; and, the refusal to observe, wear, or respond to, his number!"
-- Episode 17, The Prisoner

Friday

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 22, 2005, 03:52 AM NHFT
From Charlie Reese today:  " Politicians have a bad habit of surrounding themselves with bootlickers and fawning little brats with more ambition than brains."

Don't join the ranks of bootlickers and fawning little brats.
Dang, Kat... you posted this 4 days before I made it to New Hampshire. You were so ahead of the curve.   ;)

More from Charley Reese:
"What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall."

Lloyd Danforth

"The U. S. government is a conspiracy against the Middle Class"
Martin L. Gross

David

"The best thing you can do for anybody is offer one more honest adult in their lives." - Mr. Fred Rogers

Raineyrocks

Quote from: David on September 16, 2009, 09:40 PM NHFT
"The best thing you can do for anybody is offer one more honest adult in their lives." - Mr. Fred Rogers

What a liar!  :biglaugh:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  :Bolt:

Pat K

"Society does not want free men. They talk freedom, democracy, anything they want. But they don't want free men. Society wants conditioned men...men who march in step."

Henri "Papillon" Charierre

MTPorcupine3

The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of
morality by religion. -Arthur C Clarke, science fiction writer (1917- )

David

Who's ass would Jesus bust a cap in?- Becky Thatcher, pseudonym of a friend, on this forum.  (currently Tom Sawyers signature line.    ;D

MTPorcupine3

The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within
me. -Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Lloyd Danforth

Capitalism is the best. It's free enterprise. Barter.
Gimbals, if I get really rank with the clerk, "Well, I
don't like," how can I resolve it?  If it gets really
rediculous, I go, "Frig it man, I walk"  What can this
guy do at Gimbals, even if he was the president of
Gimbals?  He can always reject me from that store, but
I can always go to Macy's.  He can't really hurt me.
Communism is like one big phone company. Government
control man.  And if I get too rank with that phone
company, where can I go?  I'll end up like Schmuck
with a dixie cup on a thread.

Lenny Bruce

Pat K

"All the extravagance and incompetence of our present Government is due, in the main, to lawyers, and, in part at least, to good ones. They are responsible for nine-tenths of the useless and vicious laws that now clutter the statute-books, and for all the evils that go with the vain attempt to enforce them. Every Federal judge is a lawyer. So are most Congressmen. Every invasion of the plain rights of the citizens has a lawyer behind it. If all lawyers were hanged tomorrow, and their bones sold to a mah jong factory, we'd be freer and safer, and our taxes would be reduced by almost a half."
    —H.L. Mencken (1880-1956), "Breathing Space", The Baltimore Evening Sun, 1924-08-04.

Lance

Quote from: Pat K on October 05, 2009, 12:51 AM NHFT
"All the extravagance and incompetence of our present Government is due, in the main, to lawyers, and, in part at least, to good ones. They are responsible for nine-tenths of the useless and vicious laws that now clutter the statute-books, and for all the evils that go with the vain attempt to enforce them. Every Federal judge is a lawyer. So are most Congressmen. Every invasion of the plain rights of the citizens has a lawyer behind it. If all lawyers were hanged tomorrow, and their bones sold to a mah jong factory, we'd be freer and safer, and our taxes would be reduced by almost a half."
    —H.L. Mencken (1880-1956), "Breathing Space", The Baltimore Evening Sun, 1924-08-04.

Advocacy of mass murder seems a bit out of place with most of the other stuff I've read on this forum.  :-\

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

He didn't seem to be advocating it. It was more like describing a dream.