• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property Tax Revolt?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 24, 2005, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 07, 2005, 03:41 PM NHFT
OK i think we are about to learn from Mike Fisher the proper way to stop any governmnet from enforcing unjust laws.

after watching gandhi I bet we could do all kinds of things in the Gandhi way which would stand between the State and property owners.? maybe walking into the tax office and lying down on the floor refusing to leave?? what other kinds of gandhi style passive resistance would be appropriate against a government coming for someone's property?? ?

Instead of passive resistance I prefer very active non-violent non-cooperation. 8)

tracysaboe

Quote from: Hankster on May 08, 2005, 05:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on May 08, 2005, 12:52 AM NHFT
Because the only reason it's apreciating is because of Inflation -- and because even if it isn't, that apreciation is yours -- not the states -- because it's your own property.

what is inflation running at these days? 1-2%

what are houses appreciating at these days in NH? 2-4%

AAAANt, try again. The Government dumbed down CPI figures for inflation are around 3%. Many free market organizations put it at 5-7% or even higher.  Dana or somebody just posted an article about it -- if not, here, then at the FSP board.

Tracy

BillG

QuoteCPI figures for inflation are around 3%

and housing in the Nashua-Manchester area are appreciating at a 10% rate.

Russell Kanning

Hankster do you want to join the property tax revolt? 8)
We are seriously thinking about not paying all or part of our bill this year.

BillG

Quote from: russellkanning on May 08, 2005, 04:01 PM NHFT
Hankster do you want to join the property tax revolt? 8)
We are seriously thinking about not paying all or part of our bill this year.

good luck with that...

I was just showing people that there is no reason to have to pay taxes out of your own pocket.

just use your appreciating home values.

Russell Kanning

Tighten spending? This is the Property Tax Revolt thread not the responsible school budget thread. 8)

Dave Ridley

there has got to be something that can be done to stop or deter the government authority in question from actually taking the house, something Gandhi would do (assuming he wanted to fight property taxes).  But i'm coming up pretty blank.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 08, 2005, 09:05 PM NHFT
there has got to be something that can be done to stop or deter the government authority in question from actually taking the house, something Gandhi would do (assuming he wanted to fight property taxes).? But i'm coming up pretty blank.

It may take years for us to come up with the civil disobedience idea that will enable us to fight property taxes.

AlanM

Been thinking that this situation might require an indirect approach. Point out how public schools, for instance, force people to pay for the education(?) of other people's kids, depriving poor folk in particular, sometimes driving them out of their homes.

BillG

Quote from: AlanM on May 08, 2005, 09:48 PM NHFT
Been thinking that this situation might require an indirect approach. Point out how public schools, for instance, force people to pay for the education(?) of other people's kids, depriving poor folk in particular, sometimes driving them out of their homes.

As if that hasn't been tried before.

AlanM

Quote from: Hankster on May 08, 2005, 10:03 PM NHFT

Hey Greenbacks, when are you going to answer my question on the FSP forum? I'm waiting. 8)

Russell Kanning

The public school problem seems to have 2 main problems:
forced attendance
forced funding
I can't really see a better way to fight  the funding side than by total refusal. They are stealing our money and we are just giving in.

BillG

Quote from: AlanM on May 08, 2005, 10:45 PM NHFT

Hey Greenbacks, when are you going to answer my question on the FSP forum? I'm waiting. 8)

which is?

AlanM

Quote from: Hankster on May 09, 2005, 06:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on May 08, 2005, 10:45 PM NHFT

which is?
I'm 5thconcerto.

Kat Kanning

Aha, I found that last year, the schools were 58% of Keene's budget.