• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 10, 2005, 01:05 PM NHFT
Educating public opinion is like planting a seed.? You give people an idea and one day, they will find a way to apply the concept.

That's what I believe is happening now with contractor licensing.? Any of us could have written the first half of that Union Leader editorial.? You can attribute this to "common sense", but word for word this editorial EXACTLY mirrors the quotes from our outlaw manicure event that made statewide news.

A noncooperation event with amazing success may cause massive popular noncooperation, quickly get a law repealed, or even nonviolently topple a government.

A noncooperation event with great success plants the seeds of freedom for decisions to be made in the near future.

This is why we should plan these things out and discuss them with our liberty-oriented friends before making decisions on how to proceed - so our message in the media is clear and concise.

Mike I like your thinking. :)
Kind of cool to maybe influence the course of events.
How's it feel to leave a mark in history?  Your action lives on in pictures and words.
History belongs to the doers and risk-takers.

Michael Fisher

National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies
http://www.nascla.org/members.htm

This association includes 24 states as members.  Building contractor licensing may be more widespread than that, but this is the minimum.

I'm going to prepare a press release about one of the FSP's first major legislative successes as soon as lawmakers reject building contractor licensing as the committee has recommended.

We're going to take partial credit for rejection of this new licensing law only 6 months after our highly-publicized civil disobedience event.  :)

After this licensing is rejected, I'll give the press release to all of my press contacts and CALL them all, including WMUR who can rerun the video footage if they desire.  This could get a lot of coverage for our movement.

Do you think the FSP will cover this?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 11, 2005, 07:28 PM NHFT
National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies
http://www.nascla.org/members.htm

This association includes 24 states as members.? Building contractor licensing may be more widespread than that, but this is the minimum.

I'm going to prepare a press release about one of the FSP's first major legislative successes as soon as lawmakers reject building contractor licensing as the committee has recommended.

We're going to take partial credit for rejection of this new licensing law only 6 months after our highly-publicized civil disobedience event.? :)

After this licensing is rejected, I'll give the press release to all of my press contacts and CALL them all, including WMUR who can rerun the video footage if they desire.? This could get a lot of coverage for our movement.

Do you think the FSP will cover this?

Wow... good idea Mike. :D

Russell Kanning

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Leo Tolstoy

That fits me so well .... I try to change other people's minds instead of just doing the right thing myself.
It seems like the way to revolutionize the world is by actually changing the way we live.
I can't convince the government to ignore me. I have to just ignore them.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on December 11, 2005, 04:36 AM NHFT
Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Leo Tolstoy

This is a very difficult and worthy goal.  Far more easily said than done.  With living independently, for example, try to imagine how much wisdom has been lost or forgotten over the years that we must rediscover!

Quote from: russellkanning on December 11, 2005, 04:36 AM NHFT
It seems like the way to revolutionize the world is by actually changing the way we live.

Changing myself is definitely a higher priority for me.  Nonviolent civil disobedience is a large method of living the way you want, but it also affects others.

Russell Kanning

http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/tolstoy/iwu.html
Conclusion: Repent Ye, For the Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand.
From the book The Kingdom of God is Within You

I am currently rereading this. It is so simple. Every person needs to do the right thing.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Michael Fisher on September 27, 2005, 11:30 PM NHFT
Is it time yet for an anti-postal monopoly civil disobedience?   :)  Spooner never went as far as breaking the law to create a Private Postal Express.  It would be a novel act of civil disobedience.   :D
I like the idea. I wonder if we could run a mail service in NH and make money.

Lloyd Danforth

aries

Wow this is a long thread. I haven't read all of it, but since I read the "Tobacco Tax Bill jan 17" .. I've got an idea.

Growing/selling tobacco independently? Selling for a price to cover the cost of growing and time spent doing it. We could get a small amount grown, roll it into cigarettes and sell it publicly as an act of civil disobedience, to protest high tobacco taxes.

Probably less of a threat than marijuana.

Russell Kanning

I bet you could do it even simpler .... if all your wanting to do is make a point. You could get any untaxed cigs and sell them in NH without collecting any taxes. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 16, 2006, 07:09 AM NHFT
No
Thank you for your informative input into the discussion. The committee kindly thanks you.

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on January 16, 2006, 11:13 AM NHFT
No
Thank you for your informative input into the discussion. The committee kindly thanks you.

Short, concise, packed with meaning. Excellent!

Pat McCotter

Quote from: AlanM on January 16, 2006, 11:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on January 16, 2006, 11:13 AM NHFT
No

Short, concise, packed with meaning. Excellent!

What is it about the word "No" that you don't understand?

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning