• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FIJA disobedience at courthouse? (fully informed jury)

Started by Dave Ridley, June 29, 2007, 11:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EthanAllen

Quote from: d_goddard on July 11, 2007, 10:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanAllen on July 11, 2007, 10:43 PM NHFT
http://www.bikesagainstbush.com/blog/hardball.html
Karma for you.
That's one hell of a story!

You might run into a problem if those drawing with chalk are not continually moving like the bicyclist (are bikes even allowed on sidewalks?). Your common right of way contained within the sidewalk is only an individual equal right as you can't infringe upon the equal right of any other individual to free, uninhibited passage. Courts have held that one must be in continuous motion to not be in violation. That is why you will see union picketers walking in a continuous circle on the sidewalks.

kadar

What about sidewalk art? Like those guys in NYC that do the 3D stuff.
You don't have to be as good as they are to get a message across.
This way it would also not be considered graffiti.

Dave Ridley

there seems to be a recurring misperception here that the goal is to NOT get arrested....

error

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 12, 2007, 11:03 AM NHFT
there seems to be a recurring misperception here that the goal is to NOT get arrested....

If you're trying to achieve political change, then the goal is to get arrested. For this, having MSNBC right there while the NYPD shows up and acts like the thugs they are was priceless.

If you're just trying to go about your day, make money, and live your life, then perhaps getting arrested isn't such a good thing.

d_goddard

Quote from: error on July 12, 2007, 11:16 AM NHFT
If you're trying to achieve political change, then the goal is to get arrested.
Seems like an awfully roundabout way of achieving political change.

Presumably we agree that "victory" for this project is: all NH juries are informed of their right to judge the law, as well as the facts of the case.

If I recall correctly, in 2006 we came within a few dozen votes of passing such a bill through the House. Mostly the R's voted for it an D's against.
In 2007 the bill was defeated in a landslide, mostly D's voting against.
Next opportunity to pass such legislation is in 2008.

The most direct path to victory as defined above is therefore to:
a) restore the more generally-libertarian R's into the majority
b) educate the lower-rated R's ("C" and "C+") about why nullification is a Good Thing, in terms they can sympathize with
c) educate the higher-rated D's ("D+" and "C") about why nullification is a Good Thing, in terms they can sympathize with
d) all the while, be educating as much of the general public as possible

We laid some pretty good ground work on March 15th 2007 -- really got this issue noticed more than it ever has been in this state. It will not be easily brushed off in 2008.

supperman15

Quote from: error on July 12, 2007, 11:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 12, 2007, 11:03 AM NHFT

If you're trying to achieve political change, then the goal is to get arrested. For this, having MSNBC right there while the NYPD shows up and acts like the thugs they are was priceless.

If you're just trying to go about your day, make money, and live your life, then perhaps getting arrested isn't such a good thing.

This is why i want my job to be civil disobediance.  I could get a few buisness people, that have families or simply couldnt aford to be arested and do the civil disobediance they want to do. Im at a place in my life that it wouldnt be a big thing, but not everyone here is.  However once one has a job, 30 days in jail can be a big loss....  Now if poeple would pay me (cover rent and expenses and such) then it wouldnt matter when and for how long i was in jail...  I could just do great civil disobediance.

armlaw

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 02, 2007, 11:21 PM NHFT
what would we burn in effigy?  dick do you have links to the other records of the other hearings naming other judges?

All records of testimony before any committee are retained in the committee files together with the clerks notes and the blue sheets and they are not scanned for the internet to my knowledge. Ask any current representative to request Legislative Services to do an analysis of all prior bills and if the testimony is still available.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: supperman15 on July 13, 2007, 11:18 AM NHFTHowever once one has a job, 30 days in jail can be a big loss....  Now if poeple would pay me (cover rent and expenses and such) then it wouldnt matter when and for how long i was in jail...
If you are in jail ... you don't need a job. :)

Dave Ridley

supperman wrote:
<<This is why i want my job to be civil disobediance.  I could get a few buisness people, that have families or simply couldnt aford to be arested and do the civil disobediance they want to do. Im at a place in my life that it wouldnt be a big thing, but not everyone here is.  However once one has a job, 30 days in jail can be a big loss....  Now if poeple would pay me (cover rent and expenses and such) then it wouldnt matter when and for how long i was in jail...  I could just do great civil disobediance.>>

this is intriguin, but gandhi said once your motives become suspect it contaminates your message.  profit motive would equal suspect motive, or it might, when doing civil dis.   

i could be wrong to have qualms about this, and so could gandhi

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 15, 2007, 09:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: supperman15 on July 13, 2007, 11:18 AM NHFTHowever once one has a job, 30 days in jail can be a big loss....  Now if poeple would pay me (cover rent and expenses and such) then it wouldnt matter when and for how long i was in jail...
If you are in jail ... you don't need a job. :)

No, but you need a job when you get out. And a lot of employers frown on 30-day "vacations" in jail.

Russell Kanning

if you are going to do civil dis all the time ... normal jobs are not really an option

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 16, 2007, 09:38 AM NHFT
if you are going to do civil dis all the time ... normal jobs are not really an option
I have come across this repeatedly in my planning.  You're right, and there is no way around it.   :(

supperman15

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 15, 2007, 10:03 PM NHFT
supperman wrote:
<<This is why i want my job to be civil disobediance.  I could get a few buisness people, that have families or simply couldnt aford to be arested and do the civil disobediance they want to do. Im at a place in my life that it wouldnt be a big thing, but not everyone here is.  However once one has a job, 30 days in jail can be a big loss....  Now if poeple would pay me (cover rent and expenses and such) then it wouldnt matter when and for how long i was in jail...  I could just do great civil disobediance.>>

this is intriguin, but gandhi said once your motives become suspect it contaminates your message.  profit motive would equal suspect motive, or it might, when doing civil dis.   

i could be wrong to have qualms about this, and so could gandhi

but as with everything else you will be acountible to those funding you.  you are providing a service, provoking violence in the state, causing inaction, and activating others about your message, when one stops doing that then the funding also stops.  this structure would work as a form of acountability that coulld actuly make one harder to contaminate.

as was also said, employers frown on 30 day vacations, this may be a system to get around that.  Im sure there are a few porcs that would love to just do civil dis and activism but the 30 day vacations are the bigist deturent.

d_goddard

Quote from: supperman15 on July 16, 2007, 10:55 PM NHFT
you are providing a service
... that some people are volunteering to do without cash compensation.
Indeed, the argument could be made that monetary compensation for this "service" inherently weakens the intended message. If you can be painted by the media as "just doing it for money", your ability to win the hearts and minds of bystanders is greatly diminished.

d_goddard

Quote from: RattyDog on July 17, 2007, 10:57 AM NHFT
if somebody wants to pay me to do nothing but rebel I promise to do a damn fine job...where do I stand in line for that??
State Reps make $100/year (before taxes) and a select few of them are damn fine rebellious pro-Constitution, anti-Statist fighters.
They need all the help they can get, against the abject Statists that have taken over Concord since November '06.
Give them a hand if you can!
http://nhliberty.org/join