• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Breaking: Govt. moves against Free Talk Live

Started by Dave Ridley, January 15, 2009, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I listened to the Superintendent of the Cheshire Co. Jail speak out against drug laws to a crowd of impressionable college students.  Should he get a summons too?

Kat Kanning

Can you scan the thug paperwork and put it up?  Getting an article or the paper ready.

FTL_Ian

TackleTheWorld

"The prosecuting attorney started to prosecute me,
He gave me the first second and third degree."

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

ColdSoul

This is ridiculous because at least 2 people would be more criminally liable for assisting that would be Ian.

1) The person who gave Andrew a ride to Keene

2) The person who provided the Marijuana to Andrew

This is of course if they are not the same person. But to go after someone who didn't do anything but attend and report on the event from what I can tell is really going after the 1st amendment. Also if they were going to go after someone they should have arrested all 43+ people at the event. Since they didn't do that I feel they are also unfairly targeting people and not "enforcing" their laws equally among all participants which will cause them a HUGE liability in civil court IMHO. Ian could sue the Keene Police Department, or the individual officers, or even the prosecutor for not going after all 43+ people who attended with the same charges.

Just because he has a prior agreement with the state doesn't mean the law is easier for him to break than anyone else.

FTL_Ian

There are good odds Rivera is "just following orders" from above in the KPD.  I imagine we'll find out for sure soon enough.

jaqeboy

Quote from: rancemuhamitz on January 15, 2009, 09:11 AM NHFT
Quote from: Moebius Tripp on January 15, 2009, 08:56 AM NHFT
RSA 626:8 paragraph III(a) is what he's being charged with.  Henceforth to be known as the "Thou shalt not report activism" law.

III. A person is an accomplice of another person in the commission of an offense if:
       (a) With the purpose of promoting or facilitating the commission of the offense, he solicits such other person in committing it, or aids or agrees or attempts to aid such other person in planning or committing it

Seems a terribly broad use of the law, imo.

I hereby solicit and attempt to aid Ian in planning or committing the offense of soliciting and attempting to aid the planning or committing of Andrews protest.

I hereby solicit everyone else to also commit this offense.

So say we all.

See Spartacus, with Kirk Douglas - when the roman official asks "who is Spartacus?", all the followers of Spartacus stand one-by-one and say "I am Spartacus", "I am Spartacus", etc. [Of course, the Romans just kill them all, but, I liked the bravery of all that stood by him.]

QuoteCrassus promises the captives that they will not be punished if they will identify Spartacus or his body. In a powerful scene, one by one, each surviving soldier stands and claims to be Spartacus (shouting out "I'm Spartacus!")

jaqeboy

Quote from: ColdSoul on January 15, 2009, 11:58 AM NHFT
Also if they were going to go after someone they should have arrested all 43+ people at the event.

They should all go to the Keene PD and say "I am Spartacus"  ;) - see if they get it.

ColdSoul

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 15, 2009, 12:04 PM NHFT
There are good odds Rivera is "just following orders" from above in the KPD.  I imagine we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Prosecutors (who I assume Rivera is) doesn't take orders from the PD. We use to have the Prosecutor toss out all kinds of cases and that was what they did. Now if the Chief of the Keene Police called the District Attorney or something along those lines then that might filter down. That's generally how it works.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: ColdSoul on January 15, 2009, 12:18 PM NHFT
Prosecutors (who I assume Rivera is) doesn't take orders from the PD. We use to have the Prosecutor toss out all kinds of cases and that was what they did. Now if the Chief of the Keene Police called the District Attorney or something along those lines then that might filter down. That's generally how it works.

This is not true according to my in-the-system source.  The prosecutor does take orders from the chief, or anyone who outranks him in KPD.  The county attorney can only override the prosecutor, not order him to do things.

Kat Kanning

http://www.newhampshirefreepress.com/NHFreePress/?q=node/309 

OK, if I write an article about Ian's thing, blog about it, and show up at his court, will I be criminally liable too?

rancemuhamitz

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 15, 2009, 12:45 PM NHFT

OK, if I write an article about Ian's thing, blog about it, and show up at his court, will I be criminally liable too?

Only if you call for him to break the law or help him plan it.  If you're just reporting what you view as the facts, you'll be fine.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 15, 2009, 12:45 PM NHFT

Thanks for the article, Kat - I think the answer at this point is, "possibly".  All Keene liberty media should be prepared for arrest, though odds are they are only targeting me because the burden of proof on a suspended sentence violation is much lower than for anyone else being charged.