• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Breaking: Govt. moves against Free Talk Live

Started by Dave Ridley, January 15, 2009, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Ian has just reported during tonight's show that he is being ordered to appear in court or somethingbecause he spoke out (and wrote about) Andrew Carroll's marijuana protest.  This is potentially a really big deal as a first amendment issue.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to post about it.  Maybe I missed something. I'm building a video and have uploaded the pre recorded emergency message.    Who else knows more about what's going on?

you can find the audio file , january 14 about a third of the way in

http://freetalklive.com

NickyTheHeel

I haven't listened to the show yet.  Was it just as the show was ending or was the show interrupted, or what?

Russell Kanning

I saw Ian talking with Keene thug Shane, and patting his shoulder ... I am sure Maxfield had a knife ready to stab our fearless talk show host in the back.

AntonLee

Moebius Tripp

Yeah, he's being charged with helping Andrew, therefore un-suspending his sentence.  I think they are afraid of losing their robbery powers.  He's too visible and talks sense to a wide audience, and doesn't bow to the idol willingly.  Go Ian!!

NickyTheHeel

So, he has been asked to surrender to authorities to serve out the remainder of the 93 days?  Can't say I'm surprised.

Russell Kanning

maybe he will have to stay on air and they can drag him away while taking calls

NickyTheHeel

Mark and anti-semitic Scott should do an episode together.

AntonLee

I don't know the Scott you're talking about but I trust that he's just a true anti-semite and not someone who's merely questioning the bombing deaths of Palestinians.

anyways. . .

Get those Free Ian signs out again

Puke

It sounded to me like the Keene prosector was doing this BS. Ian also mentioned that in the letter that the prosecutor was reviewing video. Likely the video from the pig-pen lobby.

Who knows, it's utter bullshit to suggest that supporting someone openly is somehow a crime!

Friday

"criminal liability for the conduct of another"?  Outrageous and offensive. 

Good work, Keene authorities; knowing that you will investigate and pursue people merely for *watching* civil disobedience has greatly increased my desire to do so, just to let you know what I think about your feeble attempts to intimidate the citizens you supposedly serve.  Next time, the crowd will be bigger.

As for going after Ian for engaging in his chosen and perfectly legal profession, all I can say is, in the immortal words of Guido the Pimp, "In a sluggish economy, never, ever fuck with another man's livelihood!"

Lloyd Danforth

slim

I have not listened to the show yet but this is sounding like the Keene Korupt Kourt system is going to try and lean on Ian to get information so they can get the person who supplied Andrew with the marijuana.

slim

Quote from: Moebius Tripp on January 15, 2009, 04:33 AM NHFT
Yeah, he's being charged with helping Andrew, therefore un-suspending his sentence.  I think they are afraid of losing their robbery powers.  He's too visible and talks sense to a wide audience, and doesn't bow to the idol willingly.  Go Ian!!

The states charges was phrased as "Criminal Liability for the conduct of another" because he blogged about, sent a press release, physically showed up at the event, and had Andrew on Free Talk Live radio show.

In the show it was in between John from NH call and crazy Paula's call about the silver mines being shut down.

dalebert

This is exactly the kind of case that the ACLU might choose to get involved in. It's potentially very high profile and controversial, a clear free speech issue. Could get us great exposure!