• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Breaking: Govt. moves against Free Talk Live

Started by Dave Ridley, January 15, 2009, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 15, 2009, 05:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on January 15, 2009, 04:24 PM NHFT
Am I now an interstate felon, because I support Ian
and Andrew?
yes ... now you have involved the feds ... and ruined it for the rest of us

Oh crap, sorry.

But you know I won't be surprised if I get a vist from
some suited jackasses.

Lloyd Danforth

Nah!  They'll probably screw up and pay a visit to Pat McCotter.

Friday

Pat K

John

So, Keene must be free of REAL crime (and all the old cases resolved) if the police there have so much time on their hands that they are going after noncriminals.

With so many cops with so much time on their hands and so little to do, they are apparently interested in increasing their rate of creating their own victims. Sounds, to me, like a good reason for the people of Keene to start slashing the police department budget. ASAP!

Lloyd Danforth

The Dunkin Donut Lobby will come out strong about that!

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 15, 2009, 07:56 PM NHFT
The Dunkin Donut Lobby will come out strong about that!
Damn, Llloyd's on a roll! 

"He'll be here all week!"   ;D

McDuck

I just found out about this via Dave's video on youtube, and I'm absolutely shocked.  I never expected so much to come from the now infamous 'couch incident'.  I guess this proves how arrogant, out of touch, and drunk with power bureaucrats are at all levels of government.  Best of luck fighting this stupidity/witch hunt guys.           

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 15, 2009, 06:10 PM NHFT

Naw, they won't be able to find a listing for Pam T. Cotter.

KBCraig

I finished reading the motion, and wow, that's reaching!

The prosecutor charges that Ian assisted Andrew with his "crime", and goes on to list various evidence, such as sending out a press release, publicizing the event, showing up to videotape it, expressing his support for Andrew both in a blog column and by showing up in person, etc.

Which might be evidence, if Andrew's "crime" was holding an unauthorized public demonstration. So far as I know, he hasn't been charged with that. The charge of possession of marijuana wasn't dependent on it being in a public place, or at an arranged act of civil disobedience. The prosecutor doesn't list one shred of evidence that Ian either solicited Andrew to commit this act, or contributed in any way to the actual "criminal" act.

If Ian didn't procure the marijuana, nor provide it, then he didn't assist Andrew in breaking the law.

Tom Sawyer

I think you are right KB

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/RSA/html/LXII/626/626-8.htm
III. A person is an accomplice of another person in the commission of an offense if:
       (a) With the purpose of promoting or facilitating the commission of the offense, he solicits such other person in committing it, or aids or agrees or attempts to aid such other person in planning or committing it;

Rivera is not charging anyone for holding the event, he is confusing the CD event with the possession charge. He appears to think it is against the law to talk,write or broadcast about the action that someone else entirely initiated on his own.

That is the traditional way underground events have gone, one individual says they are going to do something and others show up. No leader, no conspiracies.

Kat Kanning

Seems like the point was not to get any charges to stick on Ian, but to stir up enough shit that the suspended sentence would be reinstated.

Pat McCotter

Hey! How did I get dragged into this!?!? Really officers! I have no idea who these people are! It really was just my air freshener!

Pat McCotter

Quote from: KBCraig on January 15, 2009, 09:12 PM NHFT

Naw, they won't be able to find a listing for Pam T. Cotter.

I was wondering if she was still around. ;D

Puke

Hah!

I was listening to NH People's Radio this morning. They had a quote or something from Lynch I think. The douche was talking about how the NH gov't needs to cut back on some welfare BS. He or the commentator also apparently mentioned that it's silly to put people in jail for silly things like driving on a suspended license.

I'd say putting someone in jail for 90 days for not sitting a waste of the government's stolen money.

That's something to ask the king judge, "Are you willing to waste money that you're boss, the governor, said not to?"