• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

PiMP My Activism: activism role-playing seminar

Started by Mike Barskey, January 19, 2009, 06:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

To elaborate:

Quote from: highline on May 31, 2008, 04:41 PM NHFT
If I caught Russell driving under suspension but was privately certified - indeed I would arrest him.  If I caught him smoking a joint - indeed I would arrest him for that. 

This just isn't the sort of person you invite into polite company.

FTL_Ian

I'd wager money he wouldn't do as he claims in that post, but I wouldn't want him in my house either.  Not until that badge is no longer his.

I'll definitely attend the one at the Liberty Forum.

Coconut

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 21, 2009, 06:25 AM NHFT
I'd wager money he wouldn't do as he claims in that post, but I wouldn't want him in my house either.  Not until that badge is no longer his.

Nor would he be welcome to Keene poker night. oh well...

Friday

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 19, 2009, 07:41 PM NHFT
I wanted to host one seminar before the Liberty Forum so that if we also held a session at the Liberty Forum I'd know what I was doing a little bit - I'd have one seminar under my belt. However, I don't know how far in advance the Liberty Forum planners need a commitment, and I don't know if there's a fee to have a session/booth/room/whatever.

The Liberty Forum schedule is worked out months in advance.  If you're serious about this, you should contact Dreepa ASAP.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Friday on January 21, 2009, 06:49 AM NHFT
Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 19, 2009, 07:41 PM NHFT
I wanted to host one seminar before the Liberty Forum so that if we also held a session at the Liberty Forum I'd know what I was doing a little bit - I'd have one seminar under my belt. However, I don't know how far in advance the Liberty Forum planners need a commitment, and I don't know if there's a fee to have a session/booth/room/whatever.
The Liberty Forum schedule is worked out months in advance.  If you're serious about this, you should contact Dreepa ASAP.

I thought it might be, but I thought it might be easy to simply add another session on short notice. I don't want to contact Dreepa until I'm sure this event will be popular or will even be worth doing. Hell, I may not even be around during the Liberty Forum and I don't want to commit to something under those conditions. If we miss it, no big deal: we can do it next time. Thanks for the info.

Kat Kanning

Jack might be doing Alt-Expo, which has a more flexible schedule.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Libertine on January 21, 2009, 01:03 AM NHFT

Watcha providing for lunch? Huh? Huh? Pizza and cookies from the Grafton Store?  ;D

Probably Raw pizza and cookies from the kitchen.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 21, 2009, 08:45 AM NHFT
Jack might be doing Alt-Expo, which has a more flexible schedule.

Good idea.

Watcha providing for lunch? Huh? Huh? Pizza and cookies from the Grafton Store?  ;D

Doh! You ruined my culinary surprise! Actually, I was considering getting food from Ivy's Spice of Life, but I don't know yet.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 20, 2009, 11:54 PM NHFT
I am unable to attend your event Mike. Thanks for asking and planning this.

Bummer. I'd have loved to see you on both sides of the role-playing! If we do another one sometime, I hope you'll be able to participate. Maybe we'll do the next one closer to you. :)

Tom Sawyer

*The tail end of the pull over experience*

Cop: I'm just going to issue you a warning this time.
You: (Thank goodness, maybe this guy isn't so bad after all)

Cop: Do you have any drugs, weapons or large sums of currency in your vehicle?
You: No
       (*fear* I know I have something to hide.)

Cop: So you wouldn't object to a search, would you?
You:  (Well, he has not been really aggressive, maybe if I go along he'll just do a quick look see around the drivers area... don't want to get him mad at me, could lead him to finding my contraband.)

Cop: It is for my and your safety, you understand.
You: Well, I don't know.

Cop: If you have nothing to hide, what's the problem. Look I don't want to make this hard on you, but I can you know.
You: Ok.

By now another cruiser shows up with a K-9 and they tell you to sit over to the side out of the way. Proceeding to completely comb the car, including the trunk.

Cop: Well, what do we have here. Put your hands on the hood of the car, you are under arrest.
You:  :'(

Mike Barskey

Good script (for a horribly evil scenario). Maybe we'll practice it.

Free libertarian

I'd try to make Feb 21 if that's the day.  Concerning a cop being there, never met him so I can't comment on him personally. Maybe he's a nice guy and all that but does he know the super secret password?  Rules are rules. The secret password rule is inviolate right? Would he agree to be blindfolded and strip searched before entering the confines of the secret lair? You know, for his own good?  ;D

firecracker joe

brad the copper needs to stick to copper events where noone can trust each other not an event on how to make his job harder. tell him find his own kind. cop lovers  not me!!!!!!!!!!

Daien

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 21, 2009, 09:38 AM NHFT

Probably Raw pizza and cookies from the kitchen.

Barskey doesn't eat raw, Lloyd! Poor thing, when he comes here he has to bring all his junk food with him, or scoot over to the Grafton Store to get his fix.  ;D

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Libertine on January 22, 2009, 10:07 AM NHFT
Barskey doesn't eat raw, Lloyd! Poor thing, when he comes here he has to bring all his junk food with him, or scoot over to the Grafton Store to get his fix.  ;D

You make it sound like I need junk food. I don't! I can quit any time I want to. I just don't wanna. :)