• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

PiMP My Activism: activism role-playing seminar

Started by Mike Barskey, January 19, 2009, 06:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

I've started organizing the first PiMP My Activismseminar. PMP stands for "Practice Makes Perfect," and our goal will be to practice activism to perfect/improve our real-life performances. This is the realization of the role-playing idea I had.

Please check out the website for details. I'll update it continually as information changes, but since I've just thrown up a simple, static web page for now, we should use this forum thread to discuss and plan the event.

The residents of the Animal Farm in Grafton have graciously volunteered their house for a location, and I will be providing lunch for the event. I know Grafton is a little far for some of you, but hopefully the free food will entice you into coming if the activism practice doesn't. :) Also, it's gorgeous there!

Please post here or PM or email me if you're interested in attending.

Which of the following dates work best for you?
  • Saturday, February 14
  • Sunday, February 15
  • Saturday, February 21
  • Sunday, February 22
  • Saturday, February 28
  • Sunday, March 1
Thanks for your interest!

Note:  Feb. 21st was chosen.  KK

Jim Johnson

Dave Ridley

i'd love to see something like this at the liberty forum

to practice dealing with cops especially

Mike Barskey

I wanted to host one seminar before the Liberty Forum so that if we also held a session at the Liberty Forum I'd know what I was doing a little bit - I'd have one seminar under my belt. However, I don't know how far in advance the Liberty Forum planners need a commitment, and I don't know if there's a fee to have a session/booth/room/whatever.

Feel free to take the ball and roll with this, or to help me with it when I'm ready.

I agree, though, that it would be awesome to have a 30- or 60-minute session of liberty-activism role-playing at the Liberty Forum where participants (people potentially considering moving to NH) could participate. Also, we could have a bunch of sessions at PorcFest 09.

kellie

Awesome, Mike! Thanks for picking up the ball on this one. I will definitely make an appearance at some of these. All dates work for me as I'm still unemployed. Also, I would be happy to help out with any preparations.

Free libertarian

PiMP My Activism, nice idea Mike.
Sort of along the same theater lines Lloyd and I were discussing something similar just yesterday except we had a vision of "The Grafton Players" . A yet to be formed play acting group that would bring out the actor in activists / liberty loving folks.  We figured Grafton doesn't have a movie theater so we'd do satirical (comedy?) plays that "educate the masses" about freedom etc.
  Having solved that problem we went onto world peace and by the end of our ride I think we had solved world hunger too... oh wait a minute we just stopped and got something to eat...never mind.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

I think the acting, theater type things could be a powerful attractor for people.

Entertainment gets people to relax their resistance and open to accepting things. Satire can be a powerful weapon to lampoon.

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

Kellie, is Ryan interested in coming? Free Libertarian and Tom Sawyer, are you?

Mike Barskey

Brad Jardis, as y'all probably know, is a cop in Epping, NH who is friendly to the liberty movement. I have not met him in person, so I will not vouch for him, but some people I do trust have spoken highly of him.

I communicated with him tonight about PiMP My Activism and he would love to participate. He said:
QuoteI would be more than happy to help people learn how to better interact with my species!
It would be benefitial for both the liberty movement crowd and police!  I'd be happy to do it!

What do y'all think about having Brad, a current cop, attend and participate? I think it should be unanimous: everyone attending should be alright with Brad attending, otherwise I won't invite him. Feel free to PM me your responses instead of posting them here. I am not asking for reasons; a simple "yes, let him attend" or "no, don't let him attend" is adequate.

It is also possible that, if we don't invite him to this first PiMP MY Activism seminar, we could invite him to future ones, like perhaps at the Liberty Forum (if we have a session there).

Mike Barskey

So far, the only date requested is Saturday, February 21. Does that work for everyone?

Dave Ridley

brad's reputation is pretty golden around the liberty movement in new hampshire....  obviously some of the outside-the-system folks want him to quit tho.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 20, 2009, 09:30 PM NHFT
Kellie, is Ryan interested in coming? Free Libertarian and Tom Sawyer, are you?

I am unable to attend your event Mike. Thanks for asking and planning this.

Daien

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 19, 2009, 06:57 PM NHFT
The residents of the Animal Farm in Grafton have graciously volunteered their house for a location, and I will be providing lunch for the event.
Watcha providing for lunch? Huh? Huh? Pizza and cookies from the Grafton Store?  ;D

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 19, 2009, 06:57 PM NHFT
Which of the following dates work best for you?
  • Saturday, February 14
  • Sunday, February 15
  • Saturday, February 21
  • Sunday, February 22
  • Saturday, February 28
  • Sunday, March 1
Saturday 2/14 is the end of the Snofa contest, just FYI. Also, for all of us romantic types, it happens to be Valentine's Day. :love1: Whoo hoo, PiMPing our love!

So far, all those dates are good for me. But I'll more than likely be going to Mass one or the other of the last two weekends.

Kat Kanning