• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mike Barskey arrested 02-01-09

Started by Coconut, February 01, 2009, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

TackleTheWorld

Jail guards love football.
Jail guards hate to answer the phone.
Super bowl today 6pm Eastern.

ColdSoul

Mike's a really good guy, I have enjoyed the many conversations I have had with him.

Kat Kanning

iSkye

Just called the jail. They did not want to release any information about Mike, besides the fact that he is in the jail. I was transferred to the booking department (or whatever it's called) and found out what we already know about the bail ($2,000) and that he refused to have his fingerprints taken. Asked what's their next step and was told that a judge will decide on Monday or Tuesday, whenever is the court date. They didn't not want to give me specific information about the court date, time and location. Asked why, got "because of security reasons" answer.

Daien

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 01, 2009, 12:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on February 01, 2009, 12:27 PM NHFT
Any idea as to when the arraignment is on Monday morning? 

I don't think we can find out before tomorrow when Milford District Court opens, so was thinking about just showing up early.

I was supposed to be there by 8:30 am, and arrived at 7:55. They were already open.

dalebert

Daien

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 01, 2009, 01:17 PM NHFT
Mike Barskey has been a super-activists since his move to New Hampshire in 2008.  He has been tireless in his support of other activists, attending almost every event since his move from California.  He has taken the lead in several projects - he organized the fall 2008 Keene Freedom Fest and created websites for not only Freedom Fest but also nhbrassballs.com, pimpmyactivism.info and Mail-to-Jail.com, a system to easily get letters to jailed activists.  His personal website is http://mike.barskey.net/.  Plus, he's just plain funny and a nice guy!

(I'm sure lots more could be said.)
Well said, Kat, there's not much more I could possibly add to this except that he's an amazingly caring person, is kind, consistent in his principles and values, is open to self-evaluation, and loyal to the people he cares about. That's everyone who's posted here, and a lot who haven't. It's a real privilege to count him as a friend.

Lumpy

AntonLee

coin flip is something a lot of football fans stop what they're doing and tune in to.  Beating up prisoners is one of those things I bet.  See a ref holding a coin?  Time to make another call . . .nice idea Lauren!

Lumpy

It's set then.  The telephone onslaught is going to start at 6 I see.   :icon_pirat:

Jared

mike is da shit. sorry i havent seen him in like 2-3 months : /

Coconut

Are you guys gonna call when it's 4th and 4 with one minute left and the world championship on the line?

TackleTheWorld

Called the jail again, no word on if he has eaten. 
The valley st. employees made a big deal of not eating and not taking the "TB" test  and not answering medical, employment and gang affiliation questions when I was there.  They were persistent in getting compliance.  They know these things, they just don't want to say.