• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mike Barskey arrested 02-01-09

Started by Coconut, February 01, 2009, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bile

In case anyone missed the Porc411s...

Mike's court date was set to March 12th and since he refuses the pay the bail or complete the processing he'll likely stay in jail till the day in court.

Also Jesse and Charlie were arrested for disorderly conduct.

iSkye

Is he going to stay in the same jail?

bile

Not sure.

Looks like Jesse is being arraigned now at the same court.

Ogre

The number of people who defend this system never ceases to amaze me.  I'm sorry these tyrants are using force on so many people who just want to be free and who endanger no one.   :(

meaticus

Quote from: bile on February 02, 2009, 10:15 AM NHFT
Mike's court date was set to March 12th and since he refuses the pay the bail or complete the processing he'll likely stay in jail till the day in court.

But he'll miss the forum  :(  :'( 

cynthia

over a month away from work... geesh, is it worth it?  I can't believe that they couldn't give him a sooner date, they can squeeze these things into their schedule, I'm sure.

Coconut

Quote from: meaticus on February 02, 2009, 10:50 AM NHFT

But he'll miss the forum  :(  :'( 

Sounds like a great time to organize a 200 person "Free Mike" rally outside their jail or courthouse.

meaticus

Quote from: Coconut on February 02, 2009, 11:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: meaticus on February 02, 2009, 10:50 AM NHFT

But he'll miss the forum  :(   :'(

Sounds like a great time to organize a 200 person "Free Mike" rally outside their jail or courthouse.

Hmmm.... I'm envisioning a convoy of activists on the road to Manchester. Maybe some tents and a portable sound system on a flatbed truck. Last day of the forum, an all nighter outside the jail!! We could all get arrested and hang out with Mike!!!
would we need a permit for something like that? ;)

bile

Jesse and Charlie have been let out. February 25th is their court date.

Kat Kanning

Just got home.  I feel so sick.  They want to take someone like Mike, who wouldn't hurt a fly, who goes out of his way to help so many people -- and stick him in a little cell for a year.  This is because he was supposedly carrying a gun w/o government papers.  :(

Yes, they're sending him back to the same jail.

Milford police roughed up Charlie.  We heard him scream in pain, but I don't know exactly what they did to him.  I'm sure there'll be more details tonight since he's been released.

iSkye

Kat, do you have any more specific information about Mike?

I just called the jail. This time I got some information. I was told that Mike is refusing to comply with their process (paperwork, photo, fingerprints) and will be held in jail until he complies. When I asked if he was eating and if he was cold, I was just told "he's fine". Hmmm... Also, he can't receive any books. Letters are fine.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteI feel so sick.  They want to take someone like Mike, who wouldn't hurt a fly, who goes out of his way to help so many people -- and stick him in a little cell for a year.  This is because he was supposedly carrying a gun w/o government papers.

That is sick. Very sick.

Hopefully those officers will rot. When the difference between returning to your home or being shoved in a rape cage is a god-damned piece of paper, you've got some immoral and sadistic SOBs in your presence!

Tom Sawyer

So the jail saying they don't force anyone to do anything... translates to 'well we can torture you through isolation and denial of basic human decency until you voluntarily comply.'

The other thing I am constantly reminded of is that at every turn the thugs do the wrong thing... I mean even for their own purposes, they can't help but screwing it up and escalate situations.

Kat Kanning

Mike asked if a non-lawyer could represent him.  The judge said yes, as long as the person is of good character.  He asked what good character meant and she said at the least, the person shouldn't have been convicted of anything.  He's got 6 charges against him - speeding, open container, gun with no concealed carry license, not showing up for court ( can't remember the other two I guess ).  3 were like tickets, 3 were criminal charges.  Judge said he couldn't be bailed out w/o completing booking - fingerprinting and I don't know what other thing he wouldn't do.  Mike asked if he'd be released after the trial w/o doing those things - or was he just in jail for life because he didn't ever intend to do them.  She said they'd cross that bridge when they came to it.  Mike asked for bail to be lowered and judge considered it and then said no, so it's still $2000.  Mike could possibly get a year in jail + fines for the firearm charge.

I would guess Mike needs money put in his commissary account in order to make phone calls, write letters - but maybe he can't do those things unless he books in completely.  So if someone calls the jail, ask if he'll be able to make calls or write letters if he's not fingerprinted, and if he can, how do we send money for his commissary.

Some impressions:  the judge doesn't like guns but she did like Barskey.  She didn't get vindictive about Jesse and the disruption over the hat.

AnarchoJesse

Unsurprisingly, the entire ordeal with me and Charlie involved our hats. Yes, people, a singular inoffensive article of clothing.

It's funny too-- when I was being dragged off by the police, the cop had the nerve to say "You're only hurting yourself here". I told him I hadn't realized this was all self-inflicted.