• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Don't associate with Ryan Marvin.

Started by Mellamo, July 08, 2009, 06:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

Quote1. I did? I didn't know that I knew that.  ::)

It was talked about on the FTL BBS for several days.  I and BJ remember it quite well.

Quote3. Should he have contacted you?

No, I think I'll deal with you in person.  See you Saturday.

Mellamo

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on July 09, 2009, 12:08 AM NHFT

It was talked about on the FTL BBS for several days.  I and BJ remember it quite well.

I haven't been on the FTL BBS for about a year and a half and spend very little time on forums in general. Your idea of common knowledge differs from mine. Different people have different perspectives, after all.

anthonybpugh

Don't associate with Ryan Marvin?  How could I ever manage that?  His charming personality makes him a pleasure to be around.  He can brighten any event with his witty conversation.   

ny2nh

It takes more than a couple of months of non-payment to get behind $1200 on the electric bill for an apartment!

Even beyond the not paying and the stealing of the video games - Ryan was collecting more money each month than the total of the two bill - electric and cable/internet. If their monthly utility bills were around $300, and Ryan collected $200 each - that means he was already pocketing money every month.....AND not contributing anything himself!

What a slimeball.

liftsboxes

I'm just curious ...

If we assume the worst about Ryan, but he proves in time that he is willing and able to make restitution, would all be forgiven?

Lloyd Danforth

It wouldn't be up to me as I am not one of his victims.  Just like Jim Perry, this is Ryan's nature. Why would anyone want to put themselves in the position of depending on him?

Friday

Quote from: liftsboxes on July 09, 2009, 06:31 AM NHFT
I'm just curious ...

If we assume the worst about Ryan, but he proves in time that he is willing and able to make restitution, would all be forgiven?
Of course he's *able* to make restitution; he's a young, healthy, intelligent, able-bodied person who could easily obtain a job that pays enough to cover his share of the roomie lifestyle, just as hundreds of other young Porcupines manage to do.

The question is if he indicates that he is *willing* to do so *and* takes concrete steps to make that happen.  Mellamo would be the one to indicate that is happening, not Ryan.  As for regaining people's trust... that will be much harder to accomplish, and will probably vary person to person.  IMO, pawning your roommate's property is pretty fucking low.  I've had over twenty different roommates and housemates over the years; many were poor, a few had a history of substance abuse, but NONE of them ever pawned my stuff.   :-\

Russell Kanning

also if any of you guys have tenants  or roomies .... it would be good to know that they paid or didn't pay their bills

We had 3 different people share a house with Kat in Keene. Dada, Caleb and JJ paid all money that they needed to. Actually we had a couple more that also paid for really short amounts of time.

So far Lumpy/Kurt ... has not done what he needed to for Kat in Keene. We shall see.

sandm000

Two things:
$1200 electric bill sounds like 'Grow House' so I wouldn't spread that around too loudly.

As more and more FSPers move here, we have more and more trouble finding honest impartial information about prospective business partners. I've had the idea bumping around for a while that what we need is due dilligence at a single click. A website for Reputation. You could read positive reviews, negative reviews, look at a rep score and a picture of the individual. I'm willing to put some cash up for this one, I just need some help on the programming side (Perl? Asp?) I got no idea how to implement this, but I have a good idea of what to do.

Feanor7

Brinck here - Keith, Andy and I almost never use the forums.  Different strokes for different folks and all.

If Ryan were to publicly admit what he did and take responsibility for it instead of continuing to lie in the face of proof of his criminal acts, i would feel a little more inclined to be forgiving.  If he ever had money for anything but liquor and cigarettes, which I guess I've been helping him acquire for almost half a year, I would think he might be able to repay, but it's unlikely.  I doubt that I could ever trust him with anything more than a paperclip, but I could forgive him.  Hypothetically.

Not to sound like Torquemada, but I need A CONFESSION! And not just what he did to Andy and I, but whatever other shady business he's been involved in with other people who have been gracious enough to let him live with them.  In some public arena, and while returning some portion of the stolen money. Maybe he could wear a sandwich board that says "I steal."  Until then, ist blitzkreig, jawohl?

PS and PPS - the $1,200 was the accrued unpaid balance over the five months, not one month's bill.  What even is this "row howse" you speek of?

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Mellamo on July 09, 2009, 12:20 AM NHFT
Quote from: Radical and Stuff on July 09, 2009, 12:08 AM NHFT

I haven't been on the FTL BBS for about a year and a half and spend very little time on forums in general. Your idea of common knowledge differs from mine. Different people have different perspectives, after all.

OK, I guess I was wrong.  But your statement doesn't seem correct either.  If you are who I think you are, then you last posted to the FTL in March and you started posting before Ryan moved to NH.  http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2896

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: liftsboxes on July 09, 2009, 06:31 AM NHFT
I'm just curious ...

From me, certainly. In all honesty, I don't know if I'd be able to trust him with money, but I see no reason to maintain some sort of grudge against him if he does the right thing.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: sandm000 on July 09, 2009, 08:50 AM NHFT
As more and more FSPers move here, we have more and more trouble finding honest impartial information about prospective business partners. I've had the idea bumping around for a while that what we need is due dilligence at a single click. A website for Reputation. You could read positive reviews, negative reviews, look at a rep score and a picture of the individual. I'm willing to put some cash up for this one, I just need some help on the programming side (Perl? Asp?) I got no idea how to implement this, but I have a good idea of what to do.

Talk to Ron Helwig and Ancap Agency. A plan for a reputation database website has been in the works for a while, but no one's had the time or inclination to actually work on it. I want to be involved in getting this off the ground, too, as soon as I have time.

Lloyd Danforth

Does Ryan have Jim Perry's contact info?

Fluff and Stuff