• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Once a cop... Brad Jardis

Started by Tom Sawyer, March 04, 2012, 08:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

You're right, of course, Tom. I didn't disagree strongly enough. All I said in my comment was I don't know if I would have reacted as Brad did. I felt the need to clarify that. David posted "I agree with Dale and Brad" and that rubbed me the wrong way as if I was taking Brad's side. I've left a new comment.

Tom Sawyer

highline

I am always happy to sit down with anyone to discuss why I took the actions I did.   :)

Or, just call me 603-205-6003 :icon_pirat:

Tom Sawyer

My question is what might folks expect from you in your future patrolling and reporting activities?

I qualify all this by saying, I defended you to people here who were concerned you were formerly a cop.
I accepted as perhaps an overstep or an ill-considered attempt to distance yourself in your first report filing decision... the second announced reporting and it seems it's becoming your way of doing business.

You don't understand this is counter to what many people are comfortable with...
And why should we be obliged to ask you, after the fact, to explain your actions.

Some of my best friends are minarchist not one of them is sending reports to the US Attorney.   ;D

highline

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 10, 2012, 07:25 PM NHFT
My question is what might folks expect from you in your future patrolling and reporting activities?

I qualify all this by saying, I defended you to people here who were concerned you were formerly a cop.
I accepted as perhaps an overstep or an ill-considered attempt to distance yourself in your first report filing decision... the second announced reporting and it seems it's becoming your way of doing business.

You don't understand this is counter to what many people are comfortable with...
And why should we be obliged to ask you, after the fact, to explain your actions.

Some of my best friends are minarchist not one of them is sending reports to the US Attorney.   ;D

I completely understand your concern and desire for a better explanation of things. 

I cannot write openly on forums such as the NH Underground about precisely why I am doing what I am doing until Jason Talley's case has concluded.  I have sat with several people thus far, including my friends in the Keene area and Jason Talley himself, to explain the reasoning behind things.

I've felt that after people have heard my explanation their thoughts on my actions have changed significantly. 

I'd just ask that you please not assume the worst.

Russell Kanning

I agree with Tom Sawyer on this one .... and no he has not talked me into painting any fences .... not lately. :)

Having to have a private conversation with you sounds like "approaching the bench" or having to meet a politician so they can talk you into supporting them.

If one of us calls you, then maybe we will have to report your explanation to our Fed handlers or Homeland Security or the SS.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: highline on March 10, 2012, 08:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 10, 2012, 07:25 PM NHFT

I'd just ask that you please not assume the worst.

I haven't been assuming the worst ya know like ya work as a mole or anything.  ;D

If that was the case the civil tone and limited response wouldn't have been my course of action.

Some of the reasons the legal approach is problematic...
"Can't talk about it we're building a case."
"Hey, keep your questions, scrutiny, and enthusiasm to do anything about it on the shelf for a lengthy period... then when it doesn't work out the story is on page 12."

Well I guess from Brad's polite, yet non-answer I can conclude.
He will patrol and report if he feels the need.

Russell Kanning

like other nice cops I have met. They want you to like them, but they live by a different code of conduct than normal people

highline

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 13, 2012, 03:04 PM NHFT
like other nice cops I have met. They want you to like them, but they live by a different code of conduct than normal people

Russell,

Jason Talley asked me for my help with his case.  This is an in-the-system action I'm helping a fellow liberty lover with for his, and hopefully everyone's, benefit.  When Judge McGuire agreed to allow me to represent Jason (without any hesitation or difficulty, mind you...  she was very cordial), it was a voluntary agreement by me to follow the rules of the court so that I could assist Jason. 

Despite your and other people's nonchalant view of them, threats against judges are a serious thing.  They're even more serious when people openly are trying to lawfully hold you accountable to the rules you swore an oath to follow.  I had no idea who that YouTube commenter was, and had I known it was someone like "The King of Keene" who posts on the Free Keene blog, I wouldn't have said anything.  I know he just likes to blow off hot air and isn't to be taken seriously.  Someone anonymously calling on a public official to be murdered, while I am trying to hold that very same public official legally accountable, is quite honestly unacceptable.

I am publicizing this case because I believe it is the only way for Jason to get a fair trial and I believe it is the only way Judge Burke will face criminal liability and lose his job.  I'm not going to let someone else's heated public comments (which are already monitored by the government, mind you) derail my commitment to helping Jason Talley beat corrupt charges. 

I also won't allow someone aligned with the government to post comments that could have a similar result.  Lord knows there are plenty of examples throughout history of government employees playing this game.

Don't forget it was anonymous PUBLIC comments that the University System of New Hampshire used in court to help justify why they needed a temporary restraining order against ME from carrying a firearm on state property (state property I carried firearms on numerous times before as a law enforcement officer).

BJ

The only explanation I've come across so far is that Brad is legally compelled to report such things because he is representing Talley in court. He wouldn't answer directly, he just said he agreed with what someone else had wrote that it was correct.

I asked and still have not received a reply as to why he's asking everyone else to snitch on his Free Keene post. He asked me to meet him somewhere after there was a heated Facebook discussion about this incident to talk with him. I showed up, and it never happened.

highline

Quote from: BJ on March 13, 2012, 03:56 PM NHFT
I asked and still have not received a reply as to why he's asking everyone else to snitch on his Free Keene post. He asked me to meet him somewhere after there was a heated Facebook discussion about this incident to talk with him. I showed up, and it never happened.

When was this?  If I screwed up and forgot to meet you somewhere I surely will apologize for that.

BJ

Quote from: highline on March 13, 2012, 03:57 PM NHFT

When was this?  If I screwed up and forgot to meet you somewhere I surely will apologize for that.

The day you said you were going to be at the place to discuss this matter. I saw you at Milly's Metup, and then later at ad locum.

BJ

And the reason I'm even posting here now is because someone just informed me in person that they just found out about this whole thing.

And I quote "What the fuck was he thinking?".

You need to stop with the sneakyness. You know there are places where you can discuss this semi-privately on the internet so people are well informed before they get all emotional about it.

highline

Quote from: BJ on March 13, 2012, 04:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: highline on March 13, 2012, 03:57 PM NHFT

The day you said you were going to be at the place to discuss this matter. I saw you at Milly's Metup, and then later at ad locum.

I apologize that we missed each other and take full blame for that. 

Hopefully soon we can run into each other and I can rectify the situation.  You never said anything to me so I assumed you didn't want to talk about it.

Quote from: BJ on March 13, 2012, 04:03 PM NHFT
And the reason I'm even posting here now is because someone just informed me in person that they just found out about this whole thing.

And I quote "What the fuck was he thinking?".

You need to stop with the sneakyness. You know there are places where you can discuss this semi-privately on the internet so people are well informed before they get all emotional about it.

I wont discuss most of these things semi-privately, that being short of within earshot, and I've learned recently that I have absolutely no control over what people get emotional about.

Dealing legitimately with the criminal justice system is like making sausage...  it isn't very pretty. 

Tom Sawyer

So far I'm just getting...
The end justifies the means. Evoking a Seth line "...system is like making sausage...  it isn't very pretty."  ;D

It's also a little circular...
You yourself seemed to believe it was not a real threat to Burke's safety.

This isn't our first rodeo Brad... we have dealt with the violence spewers, without reporting. A good old fashion public denouncement works pretty well.

Did your client approve of this tactic before or after you committed it?