• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo Report, Part 3

Started by Michael Fisher, August 27, 2005, 01:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 24, 2005, 09:47 PM NHFT
Where is this stuff by Jason, can someone provide a link?

Also, did you protestors catch the free lunch post I made?? I hope that wasn't lost in this arguement.
Bill invited me on the phone. 8)

WinBear

Quote from: russellkanning on September 24, 2005, 10:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 09:47 PM NHFTBut in this case, I've been in public protests before, one or two that turned violent.
If you didn't understand any of that, I can't really be bothered with you.
poor planning? ..... none of our events have turned violent :P
you are actually bothering me :-\

Jesus, Russell, its not your other protests that had poor planning.  I thought I made that plain.  It was protests like Lauren and James not having great planning.  I itemized what I thought were useful things to have before you start a protest.  It didn't seem like they had those.

I can't control how you feel about me one damn bit.  Feel free to ignore me.  Many people do.  <shrug>  But not all.

WinBear

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on September 24, 2005, 09:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 09:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 24, 2005, 09:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 09:28 PM NHFT
Russell, the anti-ED people got the vote they wanted out of the counsil. There was no way it would have gone diferently.
listen to the mp3 .... Ian posted it here.

Shame on you Lloyd.? You should know better than to trust the state when they "give you what you want".? Wait till you hear how sneaky the city council was.? I'm editing the show right now.? Will post a link in a bit.

:o :o

OH Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky state!? Ian, what the HELL difference would it have made how the vote turned out?

It had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do about whether or not the evictions were going to be carried out, just, who would be in charge of it!

It was much ado about little!

And if the city was doing it just to improve their image, what Lauren did spoiled that.? She forces them to drag her into court.

Yes, the city did it to improve their image, or position with the governor. NLDC stabbed them in the back with the surprise eviction notices.
Lauren, branded in the press as a screwball will have no effect on how the city is seen.  In all the reports, it is mentioned that many residents couldn't get into the hall. One arrest was made. A 48 year old woman from Las Vegas who refused to give her name or be fingerprinted.  We may understand why a citizen would refuse to cooperate with the police.  The general public thinks: Screwball!

Pat K

Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 10:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 09:47 PM NHFTBut in this case, I've been in public protests before, one or two that turned violent.

Jesus, Russell, its not your other protests that had poor planning.? I thought I made that plain.? It was protests like Lauren and James not having great planning.? I itemized what I thought were useful things to have before you start a protest.? It didn't seem like they had those.

I can't control how you feel about me one damn bit.? Feel free to ignore me.? Many people do.? <shrug>? But not all.

WinBear

Well their protest was not violent either, in fact besides the off thecuff remark by a distressed husband the only ones talking about violence andsuch are you and Sorens.

WinBear

Quote from: Pat K on September 24, 2005, 10:13 PM NHFT

Jesus, Russell, its not your other protests that had poor planning.  I thought I made that plain.  It was protests like Lauren and James not having great planning.  I itemized what I thought were useful things to have before you start a protest.  It didn't seem like they had those.

I can't control how you feel about me one damn bit.  Feel free to ignore me.  Many people do.  <shrug>  But not all.

WinBear

Well their protest was not violent either, in fact besides the off thecuff remark by a distressed husband the only ones talking about violence andsuch are you and Sorens.

Heh, that's a good one.  Trying to claim that I'm inciting violence.   GTFU.  The "distressed husband" said kill them all.  Sort of General Sherman-esque, eh?

I'm glad you're pissed off about this whole thing.  Now turn your anger on the real enemy.

WinBear

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 24, 2005, 09:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 24, 2005, 09:49 PM NHFT
It was much ado about little!

Says you.? The property owners feel differently.? Here's the link to the hour that we heard from someone who was in the meeting (and we talked about Lauren):

http://freetalklive.com/files/FTL092405A.mp3

Here's what happened:?

Monday's meeting was rescheduled so that more people could attend.? The meeting was to be held the following night, and the time was announced, but not the location.? Apparantly, this technicality made the announced meeting illegal.
So everything that happened at the Tuesday meeting was just for show.? All of it was illegit.
Therefore, expect nothing to happen to the NLDC.

EVERYTHING that could have happened to the NLDC HAPPENED! ?The counsil told them to get rid of their officers. ?Thats all the meeting was about.
They have refused to do it, but, the counsil met to vote about their confidence in the NLDC, voted, and came up with NO Confidence!

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on September 24, 2005, 10:00 PM NHFT
Why don't you come, Lloyd, and you can question someone who was there about it.

Question them about what?

Pat K

Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 10:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on September 24, 2005, 10:13 PM NHFT

Jesus, Russell, its not your other protests that had poor planning.? I thought I made that plain.? It was protests like Lauren and James not having great planning.? I itemized what I thought were useful things to have before you start a protest.? It didn't seem like they had those.

I can't control how you feel about me one damn bit.? Feel free to ignore me.? Many people do.? <shrug>? But not all.

WinBear

Heh, that's a good one.? Trying to claim that I'm inciting violence.? ?GTFU.? The "distressed husband" said kill them all.? Sort of General Sherman-esque, eh?

I'm glad you're pissed off about this whole thing.? Now turn your anger on the real enemy.

WinBear

I did not say that you were inciting violence, I said you were bringing it up. No one here wants violence and you guys know it.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on September 24, 2005, 10:01 PM NHFT
Just look on it as another excuse for socialization

Socialization!

FTL_Ian

Umm.. this wasn't originally supposed to be a protest.  Lauren simply wanted to attend a "public" meeting.  Sometimes you don't get time to plan, and you just have to act.

Sitting here playing Saturday night quarterback is not doing any good for Lauren.

WinBear

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 24, 2005, 10:23 PM NHFT

Umm.. this wasn't originally supposed to be a protest.  Lauren simply wanted to attend a "public" meeting.  Sometimes you don't get time to plan, and you just have to act.

Sitting here playing Saturday night quarterback is not doing any good for Lauren.

So this is a really good point.

I am late to this particular party.  Sorry, had to deal with Hurricane Rita, which turned out for Austin to be a big no-bill ... just had to accept lots of refugees from Houston.  Earlier in the week I spent 3 days in P.R. Kalifawnya.  Arnold is getting his ass kicked, BTW.

Back to your point ... is there a legal defense fund set up?  Does Lauren have a good lawyer?  Anyone contact the ACLU and see if those clowns want to take this on?  Anyone contact the FIJA?  Any calls to Professor Randy Barnett? Anyone briefing the Media regularly on behalf of Lauren and James (since James may not be the right guy to do that)?  Any organizing of street protests?

Its those kind of things I would have thought would have occured, or are occuring.

If they are not, does anyone know if they are needed/desired by the accused?  FTL_Ian, do you know what might turn Saturday Night quarterbacking into usefulness?

You know, some of us raised money for Hunter (Jeff), some of us raised money for Rick Stanley, provided moral support, and so on.  Its not like this stuff is all that, ah, I dunno, new.

Of course, if y'all just want to sit around a blame Ol' Debbil Gooferment, that's fine, too.

BTW, to those who still don't get it - this ol' stuttering Texas-Not-In-NH dude is just trying to be helpful.  But I also gotta protect the recruitment drives of the FSP so that there are more of y'all to do this with.  Some of you KNOW I said on certain lists that I thought Lauren was very brave, and that condemming her was wrong.  It was only when I heard James's words did I backtrack.  I've been down that alley before.  That dog don't hunt.

WinBear

WinBear

Quote from: sung on September 24, 2005, 10:25 PM NHFT
Typical Alan Weiss.

Come out of the closet, Mr. Braveheart.  Wanna dance?

Pat K

So now we are diagnosing people? Have you not said something when you are pissed that you did notmeen Lloyd?

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: WinBear on September 24, 2005, 10:33 PM NHFT
Back to your point ... is there a legal defense fund set up?  Does Lauren have a good lawyer?  Anyone contact the ACLU and see if those clowns want to take this on?  Anyone contact the FIJA?  Any calls to Professor Randy Barnett? Anyone briefing the Media regularly on behalf of Lauren and James (since James may not be the right guy to do that)?  Any organizing of street protests?

No, Don't know (the one she has she is not speaking to either, so I presume that means he's a government lawyer), Don't know, Don't know, Who?, We hear from the homeowners regularly on FTL.. they are doing a great job keeping us abreast.  Media outside CT don't give a hoot except for FTL., and Yes, tomorrow thanks to the NHFree crew!