• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cop Watch Participants

Started by TackleTheWorld, June 30, 2006, 08:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Money Dollars

mostly police and video(it was an Icom IC-R3...had video capabilites), but that got boring, and I would just start scanning everything...

FTL_Ian

Wow.  I haven't looked at scanners in a long time.  They actually have built in band scoping and video in a handheld unit! :o  I remember playing with my friend's dad's spectrum analyzer in the 90s, and that thing was the size of a small computer tower.

Do you still have the IC-R3?  If not, why not?

Money Dollars

No, don't have it any more.
It cost me about $400 at the time....
I used it for about 6 months, and decided it was just a really expensive toy...
It was kinda lacking as a scanner and didn't do very well with 2.4GHz video, but the band scope stuff was neat....
I sold it when I found out I could get more than I paid for it...

Kat Kanning

Wrote to the lady who does this website to invite her here:

http://onthejobmeansontherecord.org/

Kat Kanning

I had a copwatch incident this morning.  I was mowing at Varrin's, when I noticed the police talking to two high school students, ticketing them.  I went over and asked what was going on.  The guy got testy...probably because of the way I asked, and asked me to wait until he was done with them, which I did.  When he was done he came over and explained that he had seen two kids running away from the school lighting up cigarettes.  He said they had problems with kids leaving the campus...as if they were prisoners or something.   ::)  I indicated that policing kids' smoking wasn't a good use of tax money.  He said he got calls all the time complaining about the kids smoking everywhere, and insinuated that he got a lot of complaint calls from Varrin's house, which is total BS. 

Lloyd Danforth

Varrin could put out picnic tables with ashtrays on his lawn

tracysaboe

Wow. You guys are getting powerfull.

Cop-Watch. Coupled with the Freedom insurence.

Maybe that's what's needed for a viable business modle. linkning them maybe?

Tracy

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 31, 2006, 07:01 PM NHFT
Varrin could put out picnic tables with ashtrays on his lawn

That's hilarious!!  ;D

I didn't have a camera, BTW.  I think it's useful to engage them whether you have one or not.  If they actually begin such practices as policing cigarette smokers because of people whining, they can end them too because of complaints.

Money Dollars

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 30, 2006, 11:34 PM NHFT
Do you still have the IC-R3?
I kinda whis I had one...as 2.4GHz cameras are getting cheap, and more people have them. I bought a tiny one at walmart for $80 about a month ago...

The nice thing about wireless cameras with this copwatch crap, is that you can have multiple people recording the feed....so even if the cops bust the person with the camera, they don't have the tape....and if they get one person with the tape, you still have another... >:D

error

I haven't arrived in NH yet, but I've been looking for a way to help. I think I can get a voicemail system set up which doesn't have a message length limit and can E-mail blast the audio file to people once a message is left. Give me a day or two.

error

Okay, maybe not a day or two. I've got it set up at 413-0411 (Manchester) and it successfully e-mailed me a voicemail message I left for myself. All it needs now are more e-mail addresses to add onto the list, and maybe the occasional test.

Money Dollars

Cool.

Does that mean I can call it and leave annoying messages, and they will get emailed to you?

Is there any way to set up a PIN?

TackleTheWorld

Awesome effort, Error.

Sign me up.
This deserves it's own topic.  

Cop Watch Weapons Locker

mraaron

Denver police  were caught spying on Denver Copwatch members in March 2002.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELvJInyILd0

Sounds just like whats happening in NH!

Here's Denver Copwatch in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drFLvmTD1qA&NR