• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario arrested in New London

Started by Kat Kanning, September 22, 2006, 10:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Phizer was interesting because it's the only private institution I've ever demonstrated against.  they have their world hq right there next to the gutted fort trumbull neighborhood they helped destroy.  I went into their visitor center where two people were sitting around, one a security uniform gal and the other a biz-casual dressed guy.   I opened the sign that said "did you help them destroy property rights?"

The gal seemed confused and said what's this?    I handed her the property rights flyer which urges her to question her superiors.  Then she seemed to get it and said oh ok.  well you can't just stand there with a sign, you'll need to leave.  So I began the leaving process...  what was funny was they kept asking me if I was leaving for some reason.   the guy who was with her started acting more and more unhappy and stood up, followed me out.   A worker came in and ignored me.    I left a bunch of flyers on one of their tables on the way out.  As I got just outside the little building I noticed windows opening up so folks could see me from inside.    Eventually I got back to my car and the guy made sure I could tell he was writing down my plate number.  I drove away very slow too and was still there when another security vehicle pulled in.  I waved at the driver who waved back; then I left

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Revmar

Quote from: Roger Grant on October 02, 2006, 10:04 AM NHFT
Don't feed the troll. ;D
Whew, thanks for the reminder!  I was just opening my bag of Troll-Chow!   :duh:

FTL_Ian

About the Jim getting arrested thing, I don't presume to know what their finances are, but if there is a mortgage to be paid that would be reason number one to encourage him to stay out of jail while she is in.

Dan

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 02, 2006, 05:12 AM NHFT
I'd like to know exactly where else the Kelo ruling has allowed other private property owners being forced to give up their land to another private property owners so that the local government would reap higher tax revenue?

From http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/News/pr1.asp?prid=2944

QuoteRhode Island is not without its own controversy involving eminent domain. In 2002, the state seized 40 acres of land along Route 7 in Smithfield ? including more than one home and a family greenhouse business ? to create a buffer between proposed expansions of Fidelity Investments and Dow Chemical Co. The state and one landowner battled in court over the price of the land seized, although Dow eventually backed out of its agreement to move to the site.

FrankChodorov

it is unclear from the article whether the state took private land for another private interest.

what is a "buffer"?

Revmar

Russell Kanning

It isn't enough that the New London guys got the boot? We have to have proof that the evil is spreading?

Revmar

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 02, 2006, 04:40 PM NHFT
It isn't enough that the New London guys got the boot? We have to have proof that the evil is spreading?

I agree, The real evil is what was done to the people who's homes were stolen, and to Lauren for giving them a voice in her silence.

For some, it helps to show that this is not just a fight amongst one town and one group of people.  It DOES affect us all.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 02, 2006, 09:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 02, 2006, 08:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 02, 2006, 07:28 AM NHFT
the state is suppose to protect your individual rights to use the right of ways and speech without being infringed upon by any other individual.

They did a great job of protecting Fort Trumbull peoples property

the Kelo issue is all about economic rent (increased property tax revenue)...and I think you know how I feel about that.

Like a theif?

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 02, 2006, 05:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 02, 2006, 09:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 02, 2006, 08:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 02, 2006, 07:28 AM NHFT
the state is suppose to protect your individual rights to use the right of ways and speech without being infringed upon by any other individual.

They did a great job of protecting Fort Trumbull peoples property

the Kelo issue is all about economic rent (increased property tax revenue)...and I think you know how I feel about that.

Like a theif?

the theif is the landowner because they use the state to enforce their legal and monetary obligation on those they exclude which can only be extracted by violating the excluded's absolute right to their labor products.

Dave Ridley

Made a couple more calls today.  when I called that Kevin guy with the state, they said he was retired and I had the wrong court.  they xferred me over to the one i visited when I was there, G10, on 112 broad st.  I talked to a lady there who didn't have the name of the prosecutor but gave me the name of the supervisor which I wrote down but don't have in front of me.   I asked to speak with him but she wouldn't let me or take a message.  She offered to take a fax.  She knew about lauren's case.  I told her I was glad she was aware and was wondering how she feels working for an office that would jail someone for putting a lady in prison for doing the right thing.  She said she didn't want to talk about it, and I said that doesn't surprise me but it's important that you be asked.   

York didn't answer today when I called to ask about the whole shackle thing going on.   Free talk live reported she's in shaclkes as well as solitary

Dave Ridley

I have a couple more letters written and will pack em up and send em separately.

PowerPenguin

Has the local media been hit up yet? This means the local independent local events/music-cultural rags as well. They're likely to be more receptive to this, though their distribution is smaller.