• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JonM

Did the cuff him or use a tie wrap?  Did the do the little stuff the head down as they shoved him in the back seat of a cruiser thing, and did WMUR show up and tape it all?

cathleeninnh

WMUR was there filming from beginning to end. The cops took him to the other side of the car with the door open. We could not see the cuffs but , yes they held his head down and made some sort of adjustment at his back in the car. Lots of interviewing and filming. I think the cops were giving him lots of outs but he said he would not stop until forced to.

Cathleen

LiveFreeOrDie

I have pictures, can I put them here, or will that be a drain on bandwidth?

Here are two for now.  Click the thumbnail for the large image.

Russell Kanning

here is fine...:)
...we will just post them on the wiki so people don't have to dig through this thread later
excellent pictures

Russell Kanning

cops were giving him lots of "outs" ::)
I bet you guys were also giving them lots of "outs"....like...."you know you don't have to do this"...."let us live our lives." :)

Russell Kanning

Cool my wife is getting a manicure from an outlaw. 8)
Did the cops feel foolish?
Who sent them down?....Were they waiting for you guys?
How many manicures did he get in before the cops saved the public?

cathleeninnh

I think the cops did feel foolish. When he started, two women from the Board came out and gave him copies of the statutes. He accepted them and continued to give the manicure. I was holding signs toward the road and saw the cops pass three times before one turned in. Two ambled in from one direction and one from another. They asked Mike to step aside away from the cameras to talk. It was a fairly lengthy talk which we could not hear. Then they turned and headed to the car where he was handcuffed and driven away.

Cathleen

BTW, your wife's id was examined.

Russell Kanning

Maybe we should not have any government IDs for these kinds of things.
Why would they check a customers ID?
Did Mike just do Kat?

Russell Kanning

If the cops are working for all of us...why would they not want the public to know what they are discussing?
....to protect Mike from looking foolish or themselves?
Mike didn't mind the camera being there and he wasn't controlling what they were taping. :)

LiveFreeOrDie

Quote from: russellkanning on May 09, 2005, 02:16 PM NHFT
Cool my wife is getting a manicure from an outlaw. 8)
Did the cops feel foolish?
Who sent them down?....Were they waiting for you guys?
How many manicures did he get in before the cops saved the public?

I didn't get up there until 12:20, he was nearly done with Kat and I was hoping to be next.   I'll make a storyboard, eh? 

Some of the group

Kat getting her manicure from Mike

I believe the police showed up around 12:30, and I *think* there were 3 of them.  They were cordial.  One came up to the group from behind (behind Kat & Mike) and asked to "speak with the person in charge of this organization."  Mike got up and introduced himself to that officer. That officer brought Mike 20 feet away from the main group.

Meanwhile, another officer approached Kat, who was still seated in the chair, and asked if he could "please speak with (her) for a minute?"  Then he brought her to her car about 30 feet away so she could give him ID.

Dave watching Kat being lead away, he quickly followed with his camera.

The officers then lead Mike to their cruiser, parked in a side lot of the building.

They cuffed that dangerous criminal (or maybe zip-tied, I couldn't tell) to applause and a few cheers

Put him in the cruiser (more applause)

Hiya, Mike!  He was smiling at me for this shot, but of course my digital camera gives a 1-second stall so I didn't catch his expression.

Driving away (still more applause)

Gratuitious cute kid shot (my daughter) :)

I have 20 images from this event, let me know who to send them to- these have been resized for quicker loading.  I'll send the original images to whomever. 

cathleeninnh

We had more willing customers. She stepped up and handed money over. Didn't quite finish, but a few of her nails look really nice.

Mike didn't mind the cameras at all. The cops didn't mind giving interviews.

Cathleen

LiveFreeOrDie

Quote from: russellkanning on May 09, 2005, 02:44 PM NHFT
Maybe we should not have any government IDs for these kinds of things.
Why would they check a customers ID?
Did Mike just do Kat?
I think they wanted her ID so they can use her as a witness against him? 

GT

Man Busted For Manicuring Without License
Free-Stater Protests Licensing Laws

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4467723/detail.html

LiveFreeOrDie

8)

Round of applause for Mike! 
(don't drop the soap)

Russell Kanning

you can send the photos to either Kat or I
actually

russellkanning@porcupinepartners.com