• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 5/29/08 for no government drivers license

Started by Radical_Teen, May 29, 2008, 07:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Quote from: highline on May 31, 2008, 05:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on May 31, 2008, 05:24 PM NHFT
What burns my butt is that you 2 goons come on this forum and talk "liberty" and "good cop" and then Shame on Maxfield goes and busts Russell. Thats the kicker and why I am displeased with both of you..and it only proves my statemant that there are NO good cops.

but your ego can't even move out of the way for a second to let that one sink in.

Kola

Kola,

Do you think its possible for there to be good cops who enforce current policies but strive to change them?

And also, if Lt. Maxfield posted a message about you in the same context as you did I would feel the same way.

This is what kola is referring to.

Quote from: Shane Maxfield on May 20, 2008, 10:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on May 20, 2008, 09:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: Shane Maxfield on May 20, 2008, 09:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on May 20, 2008, 08:31 PM NHFT
ND..initials are the LEO lingo. 10-4 rubber-ducky too.

is that your meanface avatar, Shane?

its not very appealing IMO. nor is it scarey..if thats what you think.

you don't look happy....it must be the job you do.

Kola
Sounds like you need to unplug, Atlas, and go for a relaxing walk.  Might make you a little less angry.

So kola, since Shane knows what Atlas means, why don't you let us know what Atlas means?... so we can know if Shane is doing background checks.

Wow, you guys give me too much credit...Shane knows Koala from another forum where he's Atlas, but there he acts a bit less like a 4th grader.  He's just sloppy, kind of like Hansel and Gretel using whole bagels instead of bread crumbs.  Any third grader who can Google could do it.

Sounds like he's a little bit paranoid...there may be a big secret "file" on him, but I don't have access to anything like that (I'm in Keene, NH folks) nor the desire to look into it if I did.  I'd be prohibited from using any "official" records anyway, since this is just a darn chat room for heavens sake.  No doubt there's plenty of public access stuff if one put a mind to it.

"Mmmmmm....chem trails." - Homer Simpson

And kola's answer regarding it.
Quote from: kola on May 20, 2008, 09:33 PM NHFT
LOL!

youre the one with the sourpuss. I'm smilin' oinky... you look like a wifebeater. most cops are.

and btw call me Kirk if that makes ya feel more powerful.

your backround check of me is not intimidating.

it just shows your ignorance and true colors.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: highline on May 31, 2008, 04:41 PM NHFT
If I caught Russell driving under suspension but was privately certified - indeed I would arrest him.  If I caught him smoking a joint - indeed I would arrest him for that.  That is current policy and neither Lt. Maxfield or I have the authority to simply substitute our judgment for the judgment of the policy makers.  In my off time I will fight tooth and nail to enhance liberty, even at my own peril.
When I got this far .... I was thinking that I should put the cops on ignore so I don't have to see the doublespeak.

Russell Kanning

Now- a few of you (not you Ian, you have been an ambassador of good will for this) (kola in particular) are really starting to attack Lt. Maxfield in an inappropriate manner.  This is just absurd.
inappropriate?
I guess you are used to getting your way at your job. Sometimes you get attacked online.

Russell Kanning

I simply will not tolerate people like Kola being tolerated.
:hopmad:
What do you plan on doing about it?

I have had Kola on ignore for a while now (he seemed to be counting heads on who would join him in the violent revolution ... so I decided I didn't need to read his posts anymore). You could do the same and pretend he doesn't exist. He lives in Colorado and has no plans to move here and join our movement.

Russell Kanning

Kat/Russell:  I request that you please ban Kola for his threatening actions and for being such an antagonist to productive conversation and interaction. 
nah
If some guy in a TeePee in the Rockies is telling cops they should quit their jobs .... who am I to stop him? :)

Russell Kanning

If you do not feel it necessary to ban Kola for acting in this manner - then please ban me.  I have come to this board to offer my knowledge of the law and to be available to debate issues with people in an equal and open environment.  Should you not ban him for his actions, I personally will view it as you tacitly supporting him, and will remove myself from your board.
I have tolerated Kola.
I have tolerated you.

Now you are asking me to choose .... I think I will pass and let you choose.

If you would like to interact with Freestaters ... there are many other forums ... you might even be treated better than here.
If you would like to discuss things with Ian and other nice guys in Keene ... you might like the FreeKeene forum.

We do not make special exceptions for government workers on this forum ... in fact we ask them to quit enforcing bad laws and taking money from an organization that steals.

We are not good examples of the liberty community in NH or the FSP. We are Shire Folk. Some people agree with us and hang out on our forum. Some people hang out who don't agree with us.

When people complain about our forum, we usually do not follow their wishes. Sometimes the ideas are good and we use them.

I did not ask you or Kola to join this forum. I do not want to arbitrate between you two. You can sort it out in your own way. You can hang out here, if you can stand that Kola is also allowed to post here. :)

Porcupine_in_MA

Come on over to the FTL message board, Highline. We're...lively...over there.  ;)

highline

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 31, 2008, 06:25 PM NHFT
If you do not feel it necessary to ban Kola for acting in this manner - then please ban me.  I have come to this board to offer my knowledge of the law and to be available to debate issues with people in an equal and open environment.  Should you not ban him for his actions, I personally will view it as you tacitly supporting him, and will remove myself from your board.
I have tolerated Kola.
I have tolerated you.

Now you are asking me to choose .... I think I will pass and let you choose.

If you would like to interact with Freestaters ... there are many other forums ... you might even be treated better than here.
If you would like to discuss things with Ian and other nice guys in Keene ... you might like the FreeKeene forum.

We do not make special exceptions for government workers on this forum ... in fact we ask them to quit enforcing bad laws and taking money from an organization that steals.

We are not good examples of the liberty community in NH or the FSP. We are Shire Folk. Some people agree with us and hang out on our forum. Some people hang out who don't agree with us.

When people complain about our forum, we usually do not follow their wishes. Sometimes the ideas are good and we use them.

I did not ask you or Kola to join this forum. I do not want to arbitrate between you two. You can sort it out in your own way. You can hang out here, if you can stand that Kola is also allowed to post here. :)

To Russell: That is a very fair response.  I agree that I was out-of-line in my reaction and I apologize to you for it.

To Kola: Although I believe your post was unnecessarily threatening in nature - I do apologize for over reacting in your direction.  I am human and make mistakes.  I should have been more diplomatic in my expression of displeasure and should not have sent that message.  If anything, I should have PM'd you to express my concerns.

Will not happen again.

Free libertarian

While it might not mean much to anybody, my opinion is Highline and Kola should both stay on this forum
and maybe take a step back and cool off. I like Russell's response about not being an arbitrator, you guys are both grown men, take a bit of time to mellow and realize while you have your differences, beating each other up won't accomplish anything but give us in the peanut gallery cheap entertainment.
You guys are both too smart for that I hope.
Highline, thank you for working on liberty oriented stuff while on your time.  I'd love to see more cops coming out and questioning laws and giving favorable testimony, I appreciate that you do that.  What I am unable to comprehend and have a hard time with is... If a law is "wrong" and you know it to be so how do you justify enforcing it?  That would eat me up.  If you can conceive that certain laws make no sense, enough that you speak out against them on "your time"  how come you can't see that by enforcing them you are enabling a fraudulent system? If you know on some level the laws are stupid, yet you feel an obligation to enforce them you are well indoctrinated and I hope you can overcome that at some point...maybe even reconsider your line of work.  When you enforce certain laws, you aren't "protecting" anybody, in fact you become the aggressor. The legality of a police action doesn't make it morally right. Somewhere you probably know that, but for the time being have chosen the paycheck over principle.      

Maybe by working within the system as a cop you can help on some liberty issues, I hope so and again thank you for that effort.  You might not be able to publically say this so I will ...If there's any "good cop" they would look the other way when the opportunity presents itself to enforce a stupid law. I hope you are that kind of cop even if you feel you can't admit it for political reasons.  At  the very least I would not "see" alot of things,  if that makes someone a bad cop by the book but a good human being. Which is better?

highline

Free L,

Thank you very much. As I said in my other post I believe my reaction was far too harsh and I accordingly apologized to Kola. I regret reacting that way.

I believe that his subtle threat and insulting messages towards Lt. Maxfield are out of line and as someone who has been putting lots of effort towards building a bridge between police and those who generally dislike us I take personally.

Call me sometime, I'd love to debate the other part of your message!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Free libertarian on May 31, 2008, 07:57 PM NHFT
 While it might not mean much to anybody, my opinion is Highline and Kola should both stay on this forum
and maybe take a step back and cool off. I like Russell's response about not being an arbitrator, you guys are both grown men, take a bit of time to mellow and realize while you have your differences, beating each other up won't accomplish anything but give us in the peanut gallery cheap entertainment.  
yea .... and I want my thread back ;D

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 31, 2008, 08:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on May 31, 2008, 07:57 PM NHFT
yea .... and I want my thread back ;D

highline

lol. it took my polish brain a few seconds to figure that one out.  8)

MengerFan

Cool. Now if you can figure out the one where you shouldn't point guns at people who aren't hurting anyone, you'll be all set.

Caleb

Highline, can I ask you a question without trying to be too confrontational?

You say, "well, I may not like the drug law. But as an officer, I will enforce it. Then I will work to get the law changed."  Do you think this is a very good way of approaching life? I will do something I know to be wrong because someone else gave me orders to do so?

Taken to its extreme, this is a demonstrably ridiculous way of doing things. Imagine conversing with a Nazi, who says this: "Well, I do not think that I should arrest Jews. But it's the law, and I am a soldier who has taken an oath to uphold the law, so I will arrest the Jew. But I will give Hitler a piece of my mind the next time I see him."  Would you be impressed?

What is the point of no more. What is the point of evil that you aren't willing to cross? You know that throwing people in prison for using drugs is evil, but you're willing to do it. Where do you draw that line. Because it seems to me that no one can assail the position of "I refuse to do evil to another person, no matter who tells me to." But you are in a precarious position. I imagine you wouldn't arrest Jews if you were in Nazi Germany, but ... I'm left scratching my head and wondering how much evil you think it is morally acceptable for you to perpetrate.