• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Breaking: Govt. moves against Free Talk Live

Started by Dave Ridley, January 15, 2009, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

slim

Quote from: Puke on January 16, 2009, 05:16 AM NHFT
Hah!

I was listening to NH People's Radio this morning. They had a quote or something from Lynch I think. The douche was talking about how the NH gov't needs to cut back on some welfare BS. He or the commentator also apparently mentioned that it's silly to put people in jail for silly things like driving on a suspended license.

I'd say putting someone in jail for 90 days for not sitting a waste of the government's stolen money.

That's something to ask the king judge, "Are you willing to waste money that you're boss, the governor, said not to?"

The kops do not care they just want warm bodies in cold cells

JAC

What a load of nonsense.  This is Andrew Carroll, for any of you who do not know.

1)  Ian did not help me, in any way, plan the protest.  I planned it completely on my own.

2)  If they want to arrest him for talking about it then that is a serious violation of his first amendment rights.  If that's how they want to act then I know a few cops in New York who support my protest and have been talking about it.  Maybe they should be arrested as well.

3)  Ian's prior arrest and/or act of civil disobedience did not even influence me to do my protest.  I've wanted to do marijuana protests since I was in California.  I tried to organize a walk out from my high school to protest the Drug War but couldn't find enough people interested to join me.

4)  I acted willingly, on my own behalf, and without the aid of others.  Arresting or charging anyone with crimes for talking about the protest, voicing a positive opinion about the protest, or even giving me suggestions on how I ought to perform the protest (which some did, but I did not follow their advice) is completely tyrannical.

Clearly, the arrest is politically motivated.

FTL_Ian

OTN's Sam and I delivered a lengthy "Motion to Quash" (.PDF) to the Keene District Court today.  Apparently you have ten (business?) days to respond to a motion and we are well within that window.  Will report further when we hear the decision of Mr. Burke.  Free Keene post coming later, possibly to include footage of Sam refusing to back down when a bailiff demands he turn off his camera...

Tom Ploszaj

Sent the info out with posts of Andrew's and Ian's latest adventures with links on Tribe, Myspace and Facebook.  Darn now I may be guilty of  ... promoting or facilitating the commission of the offense,   if someone reads the links I posted and repeats Andrew's protest?  :duh:

lastlady

I think the bureaucrats of Keene really want more liberty activist to move there. This year it's 40 plus people at a CD rally to end the drug war, next year it's 100 and the year after that it will be 400.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: lastlady on January 16, 2009, 04:05 PM NHFT
I think the bureaucrats of Keene really want more liberty activist to move there. This year it's 40 plus people at a CD rally to end the drug war, next year it's 100 and the year after that it will be 400.

I like your vision.   8)

K. Darien Freeheart

They spelled Ian Freeman B-E-R-N-A-R-D. :P

More seriously, #5, "Ian" is mispelled "Ina".

Voluntaryists filing motions give me the willies.  :-\

lastlady

Quote from: Kevin Dean on January 16, 2009, 04:11 PM NHFT
Voluntaryists filing motions give me the willies.  :-\

Sometimes you have to play the hand you're dealt. Other times you can throw the cards out.

Either way Andrew, Dave Ridley, Ian, Sam, Kannings, Lauren and everyone else are an inspiration for those who wish to stand up against tyranny. It's not easy and they make it look like fun. The support everyone gives each other is key.

Giggan

Amazing motion! If that doesn't kill it on the spot, they're corrupt in an incomprehensible, platonic-form sense. It is weird seeing legaleze stuff from Ian, but way to beat em at their own game. 

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteEither way Andrew, Dave Ridley, Ian, Sam, Kannings, Lauren and everyone else are an inspiration for those who wish to stand up against tyranny. It's not easy and they make it look like fun. The support everyone gives each other is key.

Perhaps that came across differently than I meant it. I once asked Ian why he was focusing so much on the "government sees people as corporations" thing kind of in the same way. His replay was that he was curious and wanted to play with it. Play. The key being that he was enjoying it. That's a good thing, an I in no way stand critical of that.

JAC

Hey, Ian, did you ever send a press release out to the police department?  Or in any way contact them prior to the protest to inform them of what would be occurring?  Because, if so, you might find this handy:

RSA 626:8 VI(c)
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/626/626-8.htm
QuoteVI. Unless otherwise provided, a person is not an accomplice in an offense committed by another person if:  
(c) He terminates his complicity prior to the commission of the offense and wholly deprives it of effectiveness in the commission of the offense or gives timely warning to the law enforcement authorities or otherwise makes proper effort to prevent the commission of the offense.

That could be used to further reiterate your "innocence", even in the eyes of the law, because not only is there no evidence that you helped me "plan" or "commit" the protest but, to the contrary, there's actually evidence that you tried to inform the cops that I was going to do it.

Either way this is utter nonsense and I find it hard to believe that they are actually gonna attempt to prosecute you.

Also, I'd like to state something for the record - and if the Keene police are reading this they are more than welcome to send out a similar "motion to show cause" for my actions.

If you are going to arrest Ian for talking about my protest then, certainly, you should also have me arrested for talking to Ian about talking about my protest.  After all, I gave Ian the original press release, which means, if the police truly think that Ian violated RSA 626:8 III(a) for circulating press releases about the protest, then I should also be arrested since I helped Ian violate RSA 626:8 III(a) because I, "with the purpose of promoting... the commission of the offense", provided Ian with the tools for talking about my protest to begin with.

Puke

Good find JAC.

These douche bags are just reaching for straws, they clearly have nothing to stand on.

AntonLee

exactly Andrew! ! !   That kills this whole thing right there.  Thankfully you are on freedom's side and not the DA. . . cause they'd just figure something else to charge him with.