• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Snow watch

Started by Friday, November 23, 2005, 06:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: katdillon on December 09, 2005, 07:06 AM NHFT
Oops!  Supposed to be whining and debating on this board.   :-[

I've got some whining... not about the first snowstorm of the season, it was awesome!  About natives of New England who hate snow, and tell you 40 times a day how much they hate it, and assure you that you are a fool for *not* hating it and soon you, too, will be cranky and bitchy about the weather.  Hey, there are several vacant houses and apartments back in CALIFORNIA for those guys...  ::)

Friday

Quote from: russellkanning on December 09, 2005, 08:58 AM NHFT
6 or 7 so far we are shoveling like crazy :)

Pop quiz: out of the 4 residents and assorted semi-residential girlfriends in Porcupine House #1, some of whom are libertarians and some of whom are not, guess who did all the shoveling?  ::)

Man, what with shoveling and moving, everything hurts!

Friday

Quote from: russellkanning on December 09, 2005, 05:15 PM NHFT
I am planning to push the snow up agaist our trailer skirting this year and iglooize a bit. But with runoff from the roof and general melting, my best laid plans might melt away.

Does freedom of speech include freedom of word creation?  I say yes. ;)

John

BTW, what are the odds of three such glorious sunsets back-to-back?
Thinking I'll put on my Hunter Orange and head out to the forest hunting for pictures later today.

Friday

Quote from: katdillon on December 10, 2005, 03:25 PM NHFT
There's a most incredible sunset right now.

Yes, the sky was pink! 

I like how, in New Hampshire, at night, you can see all these little pinpoint twinkly things in the sky.  In California you just get the dead glow of headlights and streetlights bouncing back from the smog layer.   :P

John

Quote from: Friday on December 11, 2005, 07:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on December 09, 2005, 07:06 AM NHFT
Oops!? Supposed to be whining and debating on this board.? ?:-[

About natives of New England who hate snow, and tell you 40 times a day how much they hate it, and assure you that you are a fool for *not* hating it and soon you, too, will be cranky and bitchy about the weather.

Hey I'm a NE native, and you'll find that the ones who are cranky and bitchy about the weather are the same ones who are cranky and bitchy about life most of the time.

John

Quote from: Friday on December 11, 2005, 07:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on December 10, 2005, 03:25 PM NHFT
There's a most incredible sunset right now.

Yes, the sky was pink!?

all these little pinpoint twinkly things in the sky.

Welcome home Friday!

John

Quote from: Friday on December 11, 2005, 07:30 AM NHFT

. . . with shoveling and moving, everything hurts!

You know there is a cure for that, right?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on December 11, 2005, 07:27 AM NHFTAbout natives of New England who hate snow, and tell you 40 times a day how much they hate it, and assure you that you are a fool for *not* hating it and soon you, too, will be cranky and bitchy about the weather.
I haven't met too many of those people here in Keene, but someone once commented, "why did you guys pick here? The weather can be so awful."
The weather were I was living in WY http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USWY0165_f.html has been much colder this winter. We haven't been below 0 and they were like -20 or so a week ago. NH has not been too bad.

Russell Kanning

Pop quiz: out of the 4 residents and assorted semi-residential girlfriends in Porcupine House #1, some of whom are libertarians and some of whom are not, guess who did all the shoveling? ::)
I should have warned you about that .... the one time I visited there it didn't look like they believed in shoveling. I like to see nice clean pavement and let the sun hit the asphalt and melt things. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on December 11, 2005, 07:36 AM NHFT
I like how, in New Hampshire, at night, you can see all these little pinpoint twinkly things in the sky. In California you just get the dead glow of headlights and streetlights bouncing back from the smog layer. :P
I lived way outside of LA and basically all we could see was the glow from the city over the mountain.
I also never got used to the smog. I would say,"man it is smoggy today" ..... they would respond,"that is just haze/fog" ..... me,"but I don't think fog is brown."

Friday

Quote from: russellkanning on December 11, 2005, 08:12 AM NHFT
Pop quiz: out of the 4 residents and assorted semi-residential girlfriends in Porcupine House #1, some of whom are libertarians and some of whom are not, guess who did all the shoveling? ::)
I should have warned you about that .... the one time I visited there it didn't look like they believed in shoveling. I like to see nice clean pavement and let the sun hit the asphalt and melt things. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I did all the shovelling; I meant that the libertarians in the house did all of it (Karl did most of it, I just did the break through the wall created by the street plow). 

I took a cool picture of all the icicles hanging outside my window.   :)

Friday

Quote from: John on December 11, 2005, 08:01 AM NHFT

What?? Beer? Ben-gay? Ben-gay-infused beer? :-X

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 11, 2005, 08:23 AM NHFT
Pop quiz: out of the 4 residents and assorted semi-residential girlfriends in Porcupine House #1, some of whom are libertarians and some of whom are not, guess who did all the shoveling?  ::)

Man, what with shoveling and moving, everything hurts!

Just a personal prejudice, but, I'm betting a certain blonde semi-residential girlfriend didn't.

Naw, that girlfriend is OK by me.  She actually cleans the bathroom, which is more than some of the people who actually LIVE there do.  :P

John

Quote from: Friday on December 11, 2005, 08:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: John on December 11, 2005, 08:01 AM NHFT

What?? Beer? Ben-gay? Ben-gay-infused beer? :-X

Well that to. But massage therapy is good.  Tiger Balm is much better than Bengay in my book but the aplication is probably the real trick.  Good hands and careful attention are important.  Sometimes repeated attention and care-full aplication.  Not too much though - only as needed and enjoyed.

Then there is deep self-massage using tennis balls.  Best thing I have ever learned for muscular tension relief that one can do by themself.  Ever heard of it?

I have told a few folk about this tennis ball trick.