• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building Fun at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 15, 2006, 05:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 23, 2007, 06:08 PM NHFT
too long a road :(

I've never seen it.  You could do a good job on a small area or spread 'some' around a larger area and pack it down by driving on it and add more later.  You need it mainly on the tracks, not the middle.  You could start near dangerous curves or troublesome hills.

TackleTheWorld

Tom Sawyer

sticky buns... you are my master... I will heed the call...

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 23, 2007, 06:18 PM NHFT

I've never seen it.  You could do a good job on a small area or spread 'some' around a larger area and pack it down by driving on it and add more later.  You need it mainly on the tracks, not the middle.  You could start near dangerous curves or troublesome hills.

Yeah there are several 100 foot long bad spots... mustly in the flat areas. The town has over the years dump large gravel into the worst spots and it is better than it used to be...

Hundreds of cubic yards of coarse stone has disappeared in to the road.  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

error

You can't eat just one sticky bun!

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 23, 2007, 07:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 23, 2007, 06:18 PM NHFT

Yeah there are several 100 foot long bad spots... mustly in the flat areas. The town has over the years dump large gravel into the worst spots and it is better than it used to be...

Hundreds of cubic yards of coarse stone has disappeared in to the road.  ;D
I thought it was your driveway.  I have used the gravel roads in the Northeast KIngdom and found them pretty good....'specially after grading, but,  even rutted, I neve came close to getting stuck  climbing the mountain I have to climb.

Tom Sawyer

So our safety officer decides not to show up on the job site and well, well, well I fell of the ladder...

It's all your fault John. ;D

Pat K

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 24, 2007, 09:00 PM NHFT
So our safety officer decides not to show up on the job site and well, well, well I fell of the ladder...

Your not supposed to clime a ladder with
a sticky bun in each hand!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Pat K on March 24, 2007, 09:08 PM NHFT

Your not supposed to clime a ladder with
a sticky bun in each hand!
How was I supposed to know... John wasn't there to tell me.

Russell Kanning

I will be at Jim/Laurens place for the day. Fun in the sun ..... no wait ... fun in the warmth. :)

Tom Sawyer

Looks like a nice day for it... :)  I'm busy on the computer today.

John

See what happens when Freedom is allowed to get out of hand.  Don't you know that the "regulations" say that when you "screw up" (and that is a direct quote from the Regs.) like that, it means you have to SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN until a "proper inspector" gets out to that site.  Because - as we all know - accidents NEVER happen when folks have people looking over their shoulders.

It may be weeks 'till we can get a "proper inspector" out to that site in the wild west.  Then, we'll need to see that you have had "proper paperwork" to help your friends.  (Do you have proper "I Like To Help My Friends" papers?)  We can't just have friends helping friends - and taking scrapes and bruises - without the "proper" paperwork; don't you know?

Oh wait!  I'm looking at the wrong set of Regs. here.  Please carry on.
And I hope everyone (especially the women and children) works/plays safely until I return!

BTW - The Regs. allow me some discretion here  :o  and I'll need to asses a fine!
We'll call it a paperwork fee, because we know how some folks don't like fines.
When I make it out to the wild west, I'll expect to collect at least one sticky bun and maybe a glass of juice.  Then we can put this matter behind us.

Tom Sawyer

;D

The irony of the situation was as Jim was sliding a ceiling joist, we had made by sistering two 2x4s, over I saw some nails stinking through and was saying we need to do something about that so that someone doesn't cut themselves on... ahhhhhhhh, thud. ;D

So see my safety fetish lead to the accident.  :blush: