• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Breaking: Govt. moves against Free Talk Live

Started by Dave Ridley, January 15, 2009, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

So in Keene is the City Attorney the Prosecutor?

Looking for a phone number to express my opinion on this matter.

Moebius Tripp

RSA 626:8 paragraph III(a) is what he's being charged with.  Henceforth to be known as the "Thou shalt not report activism" law.

III. A person is an accomplice of another person in the commission of an offense if:
       (a) With the purpose of promoting or facilitating the commission of the offense, he solicits such other person in committing it, or aids or agrees or attempts to aid such other person in planning or committing it

Seems a terribly broad use of the law, imo.

Tom Sawyer

Most users of this forum would come under this offense.

dalebert

We need as many people as possible to start committing this "offense". This is a hill to die on, as Ridley would describe it. When free speech is dead, all hope is lost.

rancemuhamitz

Quote from: Moebius Tripp on January 15, 2009, 08:56 AM NHFT
RSA 626:8 paragraph III(a) is what he's being charged with.  Henceforth to be known as the "Thou shalt not report activism" law.

III. A person is an accomplice of another person in the commission of an offense if:
       (a) With the purpose of promoting or facilitating the commission of the offense, he solicits such other person in committing it, or aids or agrees or attempts to aid such other person in planning or committing it

Seems a terribly broad use of the law, imo.

I hereby solicit and attempt to aid Ian in planning or committing the offense of soliciting and attempting to aid the planning or committing of Andrews protest.

I hereby solicit everyone else to also commit this offense.

So say we all.

Jacobus

I hope that Ian can use this situation to drive up his listenership and AMP dollars!

Does this also mean that all of us AMPers are aiding Ian and thereby also "guilty"?

dalebert

Quote from: Jacobus on January 15, 2009, 09:15 AM NHFT
Does this also mean that all of us AMPers are aiding Ian and thereby also "guilty"?

I hope so.

FTL_Ian

Dave, a correction:

The prosecutor is pleading for the judge to call a date to haul me in front of court.  The judge has yet to make a decision.  Sam and I are working on a response.  Here's the "motion" from the prosecutor:
http://freekeene.com/files/Motion_to_Show_Cause2009-01-12.pdf

Sam is helping me with a response.  Both documents will be posted later today at http://freekeene.com

dalebert

I hereby solicit and attempt to aid rancemuhamitz in planning or committing the offense of soliciting or attempting to aid Ian in planning or committing the offense of soliciting and attempting to aid the planning or committing of Andrews protest.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 15, 2009, 08:50 AM NHFT
So in Keene is the City Attorney the Prosecutor?

Looking for a phone number to express my opinion on this matter.

No, the city attorney is the attorney the city hires to do legal paperwork, not prosecutions.

The prosecutor is a cop, Sgt. Eliezer Rivera.  He's the guy that was handing citations to Toby and I at Freedom Fest, then later dropped the charges.

Kat Kanning

I'm promoting it in the paper.  Will I get a summons too?

Friday

Quote from: dalebert on January 15, 2009, 09:10 AM NHFT
We need as many people as possible to start committing this "offense". This is a hill to die on, as Ridley would describe it. When free speech is dead, all hope is lost.

Maybe we could have an event where everyone pays Ian their monthly AMP in cash, in a public place, in a blatant attempt to "solicit and attempt to aid" his efforts.   >:D

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 15, 2009, 09:31 AM NHFT
I'm promoting it in the paper.  Will I get a summons too?

If you don't then that would just be more evidence of criminal harassment by Rivera with me as the specific target.  If you do, it's evidence of him criminally harassing Keene liberty media.  Toby should also beware.

rancemuhamitz

Quote from: Friday on January 15, 2009, 09:34 AM NHFT

Maybe we could have an event where everyone pays Ian their monthly AMP in cash, in a public place, in a blatant attempt to "solicit and attempt to aid" his efforts.   >:D

Or just hold a sign that says "Please possess marijuana, it's good for you"

rancemuhamitz

Quote from: rancemuhamitz on January 15, 2009, 09:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on January 15, 2009, 09:34 AM NHFT

Or just hold a sign that says "Please possess marijuana, it's good for you"

OOPS!  I just broke the law again!