• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Trial for Bob Constantine "manufacturing" plants

Started by Free libertarian, March 31, 2011, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Jacobus

That is an excellent write-up.  Bob is amazing! 

highline

Quote from: Jacobus on April 13, 2011, 06:29 AM NHFT
That is an excellent write-up.  Bob is amazing!

+1

He is a wonderful person.  I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for him :)

Tom Sawyer

The final day of the trial and a very long and difficult process that our friend Bob has been put through.

The snitch that conspired with the Canaan police chief... moved plants around... did he also plant some of the evidence that was collected on Bob's property? It is quite unusual in a drug case to actually have the chance to face your accuser. The weasel was in the hot seat and came off as a deceptive, evasive, scumbag. The judge and prosechick prevented Bob from being able to ask many of the questions he would have liked to ask. The red faced snitch got all squirming around tried to use his 5th amendment rights not to answer questions... he was made to answer, although several times he committed perjury.

On cross examination, the prosechick did a pretty good "lawyer" job of wrapping up the evidence and the snitches testimony, but her energetic manner ending up crossing the line and harming her cause when at the end she effusively apologized to the weasel for having to go through this. Bob objected and after, yet another trip up to whisper with the robed man, had to apologize and retract her final statement.

Through the trial in-spite of being gagged and restricted to the point of almost no defense Bob did a great job of still getting enough of a whiff of the invisible issues into the juries mind. I feel the the prosechick harmed her cause by the continued attempt to conceal these issues. She inadvertently helped turn the issues in the case into: Medical Marijuana, shady cops in bed with scumbag snitches, and ultimately juries having the right of conscious ie. Jury Nullification.

Merle responded to the subpoena (unlike the Canaan chief who was responsible for the invasion) and did a decent job on the stand that helped show that Bob is a decent, nonviolent man. At the end of his testimony he was the only cop that ended up sitting with us in the gallery... which was noticed by and I think impressed the jury.

Bob stood on the shoulders of giants...
His principled stand and specifically his closing statement to the jury about their "right of conscious". Many men much greater than any of us suffered and pushed for these ideals...
Bob Constantine has risked his liberty and future for these beliefs...
Bob's sacrifices are for the benefit of others that have and will come into the sights of this menace. They have aircraft, guns, snitches, men in black masks, federal funding and years of psychological terror tactics on their side. I watched as one disarmed man stood and held a mirror up to them... stood and acknowledged that the peaceful targets are human beings, that have a right to their own property, minds and bodies.

Thank you Bob... the war is over, and their evil cause has failed... they have just not accepted that fact yet.

littlehawk

I was afraid the judge would intevene and not let the truth be told. I am hoping for the best.  :icon_pirat:

Russell Kanning

a year and a half ago Bob could have just disappeared, but he has been fighting them in the only ways he can.
That is what Weed-a-Claus is all about. :)

Tom Sawyer

Qik live updates on Bob by Jason Talley, thanks Jason.

http://qik.com/talleytv

TalleyTV video of Bob Constantine's final argument.

Bob Constantine to Jury: Vote Your Conscience

Kat Kanning

Hung jury on manufacturing charge!

Now they're considering a lower charge.

highline

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 13, 2011, 12:52 PM NHFT
Hung jury on manufacturing charge!

Now they're considering a lower charge.

Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!

You FIJA activists up that way are outstanding!  I am so proud to be from New Hampshire!

Kat Kanning

Guilty misdemeanor possession, 60 days in jail, 1 year suspended, $1000 fine. 

highline

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 13, 2011, 01:46 PM NHFT
Guilty misdemeanor possession, 60 days in jail, 1 year suspended, $1000 fine.

Did the prosecutor signal any intent to re-file on the felony manufacturing indictment?

Pat K

Very good considering all........

littlehawk

Quote from: Pat K on April 13, 2011, 02:11 PM NHFT
Very good considering all........

Yes this is important because with a hung jury she has the "power" (gag) to either re-try the case or dismiss it.

KBCraig

Allowing the lesser included offense is always a risk, as is not allowing it. Without that option, would the jury stay deadlocked on the felony charge? Would they feel that they had to convict for something, and go with the only thing they had? Or would the excessive nature of the charge convince them to not convict at all? Was the deadlock 11:1 for conviction, 11:1 for acquittal, or somewhere in between? Remember, the jury wasn't allowed to know the sentencing range before returning their verdict.

Without polling the jurors, there's no way to know.

I'm sad Bob faces 60 days in jail and a thousand dollar fine, but I'm glad he wasn't convicted of a felony.