• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Welcome to the Grafton News Site

Started by tracysaboe, August 06, 2006, 08:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

morningowl

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 12, 2007, 11:03 AM NHFT
Quote from: morningowl on July 12, 2007, 10:56 AM NHFTI am not an advocate of home schooling.

But you are perfectly fine with advocating violence against those who do not want to pay for government schools?
UHMMM, NO.

Lex

Quote from: morningowl on July 12, 2007, 11:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: morningowl on July 12, 2007, 10:56 AM NHFTI am not an advocate of home schooling.

But you are perfectly fine with advocating violence against those who do not want to pay for government schools?
UHMMM, NO.

Okay then.  ;)

You can always send your kids to Cardigan Mountain school, it's even closer than the public school. (You're saving the environment by commuting a shorter distance.)

There is a push to get Grafton out of the school system, so the less kids we have from Grafton at the public school the easier it will be to make the case for it. If we achieve this our taxes would be cut in half. Especially considering the new school they want to build, if they do and we're in for the ride our taxes could double if not tripple.

morningowl

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 12, 2007, 11:07 AM NHFT
Quote from: morningowl on July 12, 2007, 11:05 AM NHFT

UHMMM, NO.

Okay then.  ;)

You can always send your kids to Cardigan Mountain school, it's even closer than the public school. (You're saving the environment by commuting a shorter distance.)

There is a push to get Grafton out of the school system, so the less kids we have from Grafton at the public school the easier it will be to make the case for it. If we achieve this our taxes would be cut in half. Especially considering the new school they want to build, if they do and we're in for the ride our taxes could double if not tripple.
My daughter graduates in 2009, so she'll be out by the time Grafton is out of the system. Then she will go to college.

money dollars

You can always send your kids to Cardigan Mountain school, it's even closer than the public school.
but it is only for boys in grades 6-9  :(

QuoteThere is a push to get Grafton out of the school system, so the less kids we have from Grafton at the public school the easier it will be to make the case for it. If we achieve this our taxes would be cut in half.
I thought it was 70%.

Lex

Quote from: money dollars on July 12, 2007, 11:56 AM NHFT
You can always send your kids to Cardigan Mountain school, it's even closer than the public school.
but it is only for boys in grades 6-9  :(
We can open our own school in Grafton. Maybe even do an apprenticeship style school. Teach programming, blacksmithing, woodworking, gardening, gunsmithing/shooting and of course math, science, economics and maybe a little psychology. I'm sure there is a lot of other stuff I missed.

Quote from: money dollars on July 12, 2007, 11:56 AM NHFT
QuoteThere is a push to get Grafton out of the school system, so the less kids we have from Grafton at the public school the easier it will be to make the case for it. If we achieve this our taxes would be cut in half.
I thought it was 70%.

Even better!

KurtDaBear

Well, MorningOwl, since this group of rebels and malcontents hasn't caused you to give up and go away yet, it looks like you may have possibilities as a libertarian or free-stater.  When I'm done here, I'll go take back the smite I gave you earlier for proposing that I pay for your admittedly expensive education.  (I went to a state school, so got a "Chevy" education and don't appreciate helping pay for other people's "Cadillac" educations.  (And, yes, I know, my state-school education was taxpayer subsidized.))

The thing to remember in analyzing anything concerning government is that all taxation is achieved through coercion.  In the case of property and income taxes, if you push the point by refusing to surrender, that coercion comes in the form of armed officers of the state coming to take your property, your money and/or your life.  Some lesser forms of taxation, i.e., sales taxes, coerce you by depriving you of obtaining a desired product or service if you don't pay, and they do that by coercing business owners to serve as unpaid tax collectors if they wish to stay in business.

Private providers have to entice you to give money to them, i.e., a toll road that will give you smooth and speedy transportation for your money or a school that follows your religious beliefs.  That's why you'll find, among all our inconsistencies, a consistent advocacy for voluntary solutions to social problems from regular contributors at this site.

morningowl

Quote from: KurtDaBear on July 12, 2007, 12:16 PM NHFT
Well, MorningOwl, since this group of rebels and malcontents hasn't caused you to give up and go away yet, it looks like you may have possibilities as a libertarian or free-stater.  When I'm done here, I'll go take back the smite I gave you earlier for proposing that I pay for your admittedly expensive education.  (I went to a state school, so got a "Chevy" education and don't appreciate helping pay for other people's "Cadillac" educations.  (And, yes, I know, my state-school education was taxpayer subsidized.))

Graduated NHTI and still attending through Granite State College....so no Cadillac education here. Hey, it would take a lot more than a few opinions to scare me off.

Dreepa

Quote from: morningowl on July 12, 2007, 10:56 AM NHFT
I would love to be able to choose where my tax money goes...

I hope you go to town meeting and vote NO.