• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Breaking: Govt. moves against Free Talk Live

Started by Dave Ridley, January 15, 2009, 02:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

rancemuhamitz

Quote from: JAC on January 17, 2009, 03:23 AM NHFT
Hey, Ian, did you ever send a press release out to the police department?  Or in any way contact them prior to the protest to inform them of what would be occurring?  Because, if so, you might find this handy:

RSA 626:8 VI(c)
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/626/626-8.htm
QuoteVI. Unless otherwise provided, a person is not an accomplice in an offense committed by another person if:  
(c) He terminates his complicity prior to the commission of the offense and wholly deprives it of effectiveness in the commission of the offense or gives timely warning to the law enforcement authorities or otherwise makes proper effort to prevent the commission of the offense.

That could be used to further reiterate your "innocence", even in the eyes of the law, because not only is there no evidence that you helped me "plan" or "commit" the protest but, to the contrary, there's actually evidence that you tried to inform the cops that I was going to do it.

Either way this is utter nonsense and I find it hard to believe that they are actually gonna attempt to prosecute you.

Read the Motion to Quash Sam wrote.  It's in there.

Sam A. Robrin

Just remember that they suspend their own rules for themselves with a shrugged "YesbutwhenIdoitit'sdifferent."  I'd long suspected they'd find some way to force a parole violation.  Ian's only course of action now may be to learn to play "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" on the harmonica . . .

Dave Ridley

my video on this appears to have been picked up by some big website or something.  it's jumped from 1000 to 4000 hits in one night.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 17, 2009, 11:49 AM NHFT
my video on this appears to have been picked up by some big website or something.  it's jumped from 1000 to 4000 hits in one night.
I liked it

Dave Ridley

i read the first page and found sam's arguments compelling even tho I have doubts about playing the legal game.

slim

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 18, 2009, 10:38 PM NHFT
i read the first page and found sam's arguments compelling even tho I have doubts about playing the legal game.

I think Ian has pretty much agreed to play the legal game by taking the suspended sentence offer made by Burke.

Lloyd Danforth

By the way Slim, Judge Burke wants to see you about your avatar.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: slim on January 18, 2009, 10:52 PM NHFT

I think Ian has pretty much agreed to play the legal game by taking the suspended sentence offer made by Burke.

I never signed anything, but I did tell Burke I'l play by their system.  Clearly if I don't, they put me in a cell.  Your mileage may vary.

slim

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 19, 2009, 01:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: slim on January 18, 2009, 10:52 PM NHFT

I never signed anything, but I did tell Burke I'l play by their system.  Clearly if I don't, they put me in a cell.  Your mileage may vary.

I did not mean to infer that you signed any documents that would require you to follow all of their rules but as much as I know you did give your word that you will play their game (by being a good boy) until the suspended sentence is complete.

I do think that sticking by your word shows clearly that you are a honorable man.

slim

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 18, 2009, 11:10 PM NHFT
By the way Slim, Judge Burke wants to see you about your avatar.

From what I know about Burke I would not accept a meeting with him. He has shown that he can be temporally insane and has thugs with guns that are willing to do whatever he says.

This comes from a person who is not a anarchist (free marketeer/anarcho capitalist). 

TackleTheWorld

Keene Sentinel Letter to the Editor  Friday, January 23, 2009

Double standard on laws

As an outside observer, it seems that the city of Keene has a split personality.
I am pleased that Keene celebrates Martin Luther King Day as a holiday.  The same Dr. King who in a letter from a Birmingham jail wrote:
"I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."
Dr. King's promotion of lawbreaking as a step toward law changing was central to the civil rights movement and should be celebrated along with the man.
But the city of Keene does not deem that this quote of Dr. King is to be protected.
You see, Keene has served a "motion to show cause" to a local man for promoting ideas very similar to that of Dr. King.
The official motion accuses this man of sending out a press release about an act of civil disobedience, interviewing one who committed civil disobedience on his talk show, being in the police department while one who committed civil disobedience was being booked, taking and appearing in videos.
The logic of this motion would also apply to Dr. King.  I have presented one of his many quotes that promote law-breaking.
Should this person's promotion of lawbreaking be treated any different?  Should the city of Keene treat Dr. King as a hero. or should Keene treat him as a criminal for promoting breaking unjust laws?

DARREN TAPP
163 Transcript Ave., No. 18
Lexington, Ky, 40508

K. Darien Freeheart

KBCraig

Free libertarian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 26, 2009, 06:55 PM NHFT
Keene Sentinel Letter to the Editor  Friday, January 23, 2009

Double standard on laws

As an outside observer, it seems that the city of Keene has a split personality.
I am pleased that Keene celebrates Martin Luther King Day as a holiday.  The same Dr. King who in a letter from a Birmingham jail wrote:
"I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."
Dr. King's promotion of lawbreaking as a step toward law changing was central to the civil rights movement and should be celebrated along with the man.
But the city of Keene does not deem that this quote of Dr. King is to be protected.
You see, Keene has served a "motion to show cause" to a local man for promoting ideas very similar to that of Dr. King.
The official motion accuses this man of sending out a press release about an act of civil disobedience, interviewing one who committed civil disobedience on his talk show, being in the police department while one who committed civil disobedience was being booked, taking and appearing in videos.
The logic of this motion would also apply to Dr. King.  I have presented one of his many quotes that promote law-breaking.
Should this person's promotion of lawbreaking be treated any different?  Should the city of Keene treat Dr. King as a hero. or should Keene treat him as a criminal for promoting breaking unjust laws?

DARREN TAPP
163 Transcript Ave., No. 18
Lexington, Ky, 40508

SILENCE ! Do not confuse the issue with facts!!  ;D